Average waiting times at Wrexham Maelor

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Average waiting times at Wrexham Maelor

• Author

Matt
    Participant

I’m not being funny but if you work in the public sector then statistics will be published online and discussed and performances at your respective place of work – The Council, Hospitals, Schools, DWP are going to be scrutinised.

I think what people fail to recognise time and time again that we 100% have the back of public sector workers – the grunts, the cogs in the machine – we are indebted to them for keeping this country running.

What we are unhappy with is the Powers That Be – Betsi, MPs, AMs, Council Exec etc… when things are not run in a way that they should be.

So those in the Maelor need to take the credit given to them on an individual level when they do good jobs at work with patients, but not take to heart the overall politicised message RE: waiting times – at their place of work.

There are some who are perhaps misguided and fail to recognise the root causes and wrongly blame the Maelor staff on Facebook for being stuck waiting 8 hours for their slightly sore thumb to be looked at. But it’s like with everything else in life you just ignore the idiots.

I lobby for the improvement of the local health service provision – not just for local people to receive improved healthcare treatment, but I also know quite a few people who work within the Maelor and state their job stress and work levels are almost untenable due to a lack of staffing. If we keep pushing and telling those responsible that there’s not enough money and not enough staff then our end goal is aligned with the workers to improve their working experience.

Solidarity with the NHS Workers.

katy
    Participant

Rob: I got the figures from the Excel file that was the last download link on the page that you linked to in your article.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Nobody wants to address the elephant in the room – Immigration.

People argue that they pay their way in taxes but they also add to the waiting times for A&E and operations.

The surge in people coming into the area has mucked up the infrastructure and it is evident that it is not going to improve.

If you need A&E services then you have to be prepared to wait.

Birdman
    Participant

Shut up WreX-iT, you don’t have one shred of evidence for such a stupid and xenophobic claim.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Birdman, please engage your brain!

Extra people, whether black, white, yellow green or purple with 8 eyes, will DRAIN RESOURCES! Its is NOT xenophobioc it is common sense.

How would you explain the extra demand for A&E and bed spaces?

Let me try to explain it in a way you can understand.
    If you are in MacDonalds and a coach arrives the demand for services will increase and the person at the back of the queue won’t get their MacBurger for quite a time. Then another coach arrives.

They cannot suddenly extend the restaurant or call more staff in or magic up some more burgers and cooking facilities.

ANY INCREASE IN DEMAND RESULTS IN LONGER QUEUES.

In the case here it could be immigrants or people moving to the area into a new housing estate. The hospital cannot magic up extra resources to cope and so the situation degrades.

I hope you can understand that Birdman.

Thank you

Wrexham1
    Participant

Quite right, the situation with waiting times have definitely gotten worse since Tony Blair opened the floodgates in 2004. More people needing to use the NHS means longer waiting times.

Birdman
    Participant

Um it is xenophobic (I’ll link you the OED if you like you seem to need the help) my brain is clearly more engaged than your gammon chops and your yet to provide proof.

You’ve also confused natural population growth for immigration in your own argument (if that’s what your rants about). I’ll give you some help here as you can’t cite any real data. Population growth (includes immigration)[1981-1991] +0.41 %/year [1991-2001] +0.34 %/year [2001-2011] +0.5 %/year [2011-2014] +0.4 %/year so since 2001 its dropped by 0.30%

Can you please cite your data of the majority of hospital waiting times being caused by non native born people?

BenjaminM
    Participant

I too am fed up of reading that xenophobia is causing problems for waiting times in A&E right across Wales. The real reason is that too many arseholes are using the facility when there are suitable alternatives for dealing with their problem and in the knowledge that they won’t have to dip their hands in their pockets by purchasing a perfectly suitable remedy from pharmacies.
    Either introduce a nominal charge for attending A&E or make prescriptions payable.
    THEN watch the number of attendances drop off dramatically.

Sheefag
    Participant

This term ‘Gammon’ that our progressive and liberal chums on the left enjoy chucking around at a moments notice.
    It’s an insult based upon age, gender, political orientation and colour of the person being insulted.
    Is this an example of the ‘kinder politics’ that nice Mr Corbyn spoke of a few years back or indeed, is it some form of ‘Acceptable Bigotry’?

AMA Express
    Participant

Gammon is a pejorative term used in British political culture since around 2012, which received press coverage in 2018. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe white people, especially those on the political right or who supported Brexit, who appear pink-faced when emotional.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News