Average speed cameras on the A483 WHY

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Average speed cameras on the A483 WHY

• Author

newwales
    Participant

Installation work for average speed cameras to enforce 50mph zones on the A483 bypass starts today.

As someone who always does the 50 limit & fed up of other zooming past me I still dont agree with average speed cameras, this shows us that this was a money making scheme by Welsh office all alone.

Disgusting that this is being imposed on us by south wales assembly with ZERO consultation. So much for democracy.

Huw
    Participant

Extremely happy with this. They should now look at doing the same on the Llan Y Pwll link Road down to the Industrial Estate. The speeds at which cars, and especially motorcycles, travel on that road is unbelievable.

Andy
    Participant

They should have put two Go Safe speed camera vans on the Bridge over this 50 limit. They would have raised the £227k cost of this project inside a Week.

dewi73
    Participant

Have any results been published since the start of the air pollution monitoring?

This has more to do with raising revenue than cutting pollution.

Marvinuk
    Participant

I don’t necessarily agree with the 50mph limit ( personally I don’t think it will have any real impact on air quality but hey I’m not clever enough to know if it will or won’t until I see some readings ) because if it was for air quality then hybrid / electric cars should be exempt, easy enough to check with ANPR. What I do agree with is if there is a 50 mph limit for all us normal cars drivers we should stick to it so because of that I think the cameras are correct.

Andy
    Participant

If you can’t drive and see speed limit signs and average speed cameras then you deserve to get fined. Wrexham Council should put cameras on the Box Junctions around Town also. It should raise quite a bit of revenue for the Town. I see it as a tax on the stupid.

As for the people that say it’s dangerous driving at the 50 mph limit on the A483 hnd your licence back to DVLA please.

cmaj76
    Participant

I think people are missing the point here. Something is being forced upon us with no consultation and no evidence of the so called environmental issues. This is pure and simple a money making scheme

maxman
    Participant

[quote quote=171743]If you can’t drive and see speed limit signs and average speed cameras then you deserve to get fined. Wrexham Council should put cameras on the Box Junctions around Town also. It should raise quite a bit of revenue for the Town. I see it as a tax on the stupid.

As for the people that say it’s dangerous driving at the 50 mph limit on the A483 hnd your licence back to DVLA please.[/quote]
    Well said Andy,could not have put it better.

Councillor X
    Participant

Average Speed cameras are there to make sure people stick to speed limits not to make a wad of cash.

If you keep to limits you don’t get done. They should put them on ALL roads and stop the idiots from doing stupid speeds.

Mrs (Councillor) X keeps to limits but the number of times she get flashed and beeped for doing so is unbelievable.

Luckily the old dear is very switched on (for her age) and normally responds with hand gestures.

parkingmad
    Participant

Are they working yet.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News