Attorney General tells Lucas (the Gonner) the way it is

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Attorney General tells Lucas (the Gonner) the way it is

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Attorney General, Geoffrey Cox, told Lucas (the Gonner) and his anti-Brexit comrades ‘the way it is’ in Parliament yesterday. No-one should be denied his magnificent speech so if you missed the vocal passion catch up on You Tube – its an absolute must see.

The pompous Lucas ‘the Gonner’ is still saying he knows better than his electorate – well if that’s the case, I call on him (and his comrades) to resign and put it to the test.

All his crew were complaining about the treatment they are receiving on-line and in person, however, when the only power the people have, i.e. the ballot (or referendum) box, is being denied, how else can they pursue democracy.

If this were occurring in an African country i.e. the failure to honour democracy, the BBC and other left wing media would be incensed and calling for intervention.

TimRegency
    Participant

The Attorney General is an intellectual bum who has spurned basic legal principles, including, but not limited to:

1 The separation of powers.
    2 The independence of the judiciary.
    3 Equality before the law.
    4 Parliamentary Sovereignty.
    5 The final binding effect of judgments of the Supreme Court.

Mr Lucas owned this bum.

Next.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=174655]the BBC and other left wing media would be incensed and calling for intervention.[/quote]

*snigger* – BBC left wing media…

VTCO your wonderful takes of what is going on in Parliament is now akin to Comical Ali when Baghdad was falling…

BenjaminM
    Participant

Rather than attempting to extol the virtues and oratory skills of the senior legal adviser to the government (the one who gives incorrect legal advice), I prefer to take succour from Barry Sheerman MP who without pomposity, pouting or verbosity firmly put Geoffrey Cox in place.
    Barry Sheerman expressed the view of many right thinking people who have the intelligence to see when Johnson, Mogg and cronies are treating parliament and the people with contempt in pursuit of personal agendas rather than the common good.

Proudmum
    Participant

I would have thought that the honourable thing from the House would be to honour their promise to the electorate back in 2016 and just get us out….. do we Brits really want to be part of Europe?…… the majority said no.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=174673]I would have thought that the honourable thing from the House would be to honour their promise to the electorate back in 2016 and just get us out….. do we Brits really want to be part of Europe?…… the majority said no.[/quote]

I’ve got some bad news for you – geographically we are part of Europe and there’s no changing that. Perhaps those who don’t want to be part of Europe can move country – I hear Australia is quite nice.

TimRegency
    Participant

People keep conflating Parliament/a General Election with the referendum.

The referendum and brexit is a Tory gig, it’s their policy.

Ian Lucas represents the many who voted against brexit as well as those who voted for it, he’s entitled to use his judgement in exactly the way he has been doing.

If you’re unhappy that brexit hasn’t been implemented, take it up with the Conservative party. It’s their referendum, their squalid deal, their mess. Take the faulty product back to the shop you bought it from.

Proudmum
    Participant

Yes Matt geographically I know very well we are part of Europe…. why even feel the need to point it out?
    Why do all the parties continue to try and scupper any possible leave plan?
    I think it is because they never in a million years thought the vote would go the way it did and as a result they will use any means at all to have the country remain.
    TimRegency, proves my point!

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=174696]Yes Matt geographically I know very well we are part of Europe…. why even feel the need to point it out?
    [/quote]

I was being sardonic and mildly annoying. But shall we get down to brass tacks instead. Why personally do you want to leave the EU? What harm has it caused you?

Others on here have explained their points to me so am interested.

Proudmum
    Participant

Only mildly annoying Matt?
    I am just at a complete loss that when I was asked to vote, which I did, the outcome of that vote has still not been recognised as a fair and democratic decision.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News