At last, Madatory Face Coverings.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum At last, Madatory Face Coverings.

• Author

Councillor X
    Participant

So from Monday face coverings will be mandatory in indoor public places and there will be a limit of six people. About time too!
    I still won’t be going to pubs yet but Mrs Councillor X said I look hot in my mask.

newwales
    Participant

I absolutely agree, it should have happened the same time as England or even sooner, i just dont get the mind set of the people in charge. Its logical cover your mouth, nose reduces the spread of germs & viruses.

AMA Express
    Participant

Yes, I shall be wearing mine next time I deposit something at Santander.

JaneJ
    Participant

Why oh why have people been so stupid going around – no social distancing, no face coverings, hugging people they haven’t seen- do we really ned politicians to dictate to us what we should already be doing.
    Looks like though for some people they are not going to listen unless one of their loved ones dies or becomes seriously until!! or of course they are no longer able to listen as they are the one that has died.
    The fact we don’t have more cases in Wrexham recorded is due to the total shortage of tests locally — people have given up and are walking around in our communities. We need to get to some new form of ‘norm but are likely to see a lot worse before the vaccine becomes available to give greater freedom.
    The grim reaper is hovering make sure you don’t get infected or if you are infected don’t spread it.

Matt
    Participant

It’s simple Darwinism – survival of the fittest and these days the most intelligent. The stupid will do as they see fit as they don’t think the rules apply to them and some of them will end up dead or will put others at risk. There is no vaccine for human stupidity, which is why we need laws to protect them from themselves and protect everyone else.

Simple case in point is that even though seat belts were installed in cars as standard before wearing them became mandatory – some people refused to wear them even if they were there and could well have saved their lives in a crash.

wrexview
    Participant

It’s always been a choice to wear face coverings , why do people wait to be told what to do by politicians rather than use good old fashioned common sense?

JaneJ
    Participant

Common sense for many disappeared when Covid arrived it must be a symptom of the virus..

katy
    Blocked

Pubs are excluded from the mask rules.

Wales in the only country in the UK that does not already require masks to be worn in shops and Wales is the only area of the UK where the R number is below 1 (the virus is under control). Every where else where masks are mandatory the R number is above 1 (out of control).

So are masks a good thing or not?

Covid regional comparison

JaneJ
    Participant

If all the people who have symptom had access to Tests the R number is bound to be over 1 – WG should act now as they know how the spread is in other parts of UK.

Already at least another 3 schools on Social Media in North Wales identified with staff/pupil positive results over the weekend so will have either class or whole school closures on Monday.

zinger
    Participant

I read some newspaper headlines that a 10pm curfew is is being considered if things don’t improve but not sure whether would be for England or the UK.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News