Assembly wages

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Assembly wages

• Author

Captain C
    Participant

Can some one please tell me why assembly members are paid so much and then cut back funding for town councils.

The new faces to Carwyn Jones’ cabinet will also see their pay boosted as they take on their new roles.
    Following a pay hike, cabinet secretaries earn £102,100 while ministers – their juniors – earn £86,785.
    This compares to their £65,344 assembly member salary.

Nen
    Participant

That doesn’t actually sound that much to me, considering they are running the country.

Dick
    Participant

[quote quote=139842]That doesn’t actually sound that much to me, considering they are running the country.

[/quote] Running the Country? ruining it more like!

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=139845]

That doesn’t actually sound that much to me, considering they are running the country.

Running the Country? ruining it more like![/quote]

Well, if you don’t think they are up to the job that’s a different issue – and suggests that they need to up the pay, to attract better candidates, not lower it as suggested above!

CarolThomas
    Participant

Nen has a strong argument for wage increases — similar to how much should a Chief Executive of a Council get paid – for the size of the Council budget and number of staff they would probably be on £200k plus in the Private Sector– why should someone who starts work in a Public Sector Department — Education, Social Services, Environment etc assume the top of their career path is a Chief Executive. Would we be better if Council Chief Executives were recruited from people in the private sector who have strong management experience?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News