Ash tyres new open hours

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ash tyres new open hours

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

@michellecook 3349 wrote:

They tried to flog me tyres when I had my MOT done. Then they also tried to sell me an exhaust part for £150 got the same part from Wrexham Motoring Supplies for £34. Quote for parts and work was almost £400, parts cost me around £120 and took about 30 minutes to fit.

My OH had an exhaust replaced by them and took that back for a re-fit as it was so badly done, I could have fitted it better.

Coincidentally, the guy doing the MOT is mates with the one who owns Ash Tyres.

I had a cam-belt, water pump and tensioner changed, after about a week I had a strange noise, apparently the “new” tensioner” was faulty and would be changed. makes you wonder if it was a fault, of if the work was not carried out to start with, (belt was new and the pump. but who knows like I say they fixed it after I went in and complained.

Your tailpipe tale reminds me of a friend of mines elderly mother, but the garage who did that to her are no longer around, they were in what’s now wrexham football club shop

DavidB
    Participant

Since folks are talking about tyre fitting, I can thoroughly recommend AutoKit tyre service,Hightown road (just off the roundabout at the entrance to Eagles Meadow car park.) Have used them for years, excellent service,honest and reliable.

michellecook
    Participant

@DavidB 3360 wrote:

Since folks are talking about tyre fitting, I can thoroughly recommend AutoKit tyre service,Hightown road (just off the roundabout at the entrance to Eagles Meadow car park.) Have used them for years, excellent service,honest and reliable.

I’ve used them a couple of times, very friendly. Had 2 puncture repairs done once. Boot was full so put one tyre in back of car. Drove away and heard this hissing noise, took it back and they sorted it with no fuss, turned out there was another thorn hidden so technically had 3 puncture repairs.

angryShopper
    Participant

@michellecook 3374 wrote:

I’ve used them a couple of times, very friendly. Had 2 puncture repairs done once. Boot was full so put one tyre in back of car. Drove away and heard this hissing noise, took it back and they sorted it with no fuss, turned out there was another thorn hidden so technically had 3 puncture repairs.

what did you pay for that service? I was charged £10 at hi-speed, seems that going rate is between 6 and 10.

michellecook
    Participant

@angryShopper 3382 wrote:

what did you pay for that service? I was charged £10 at hi-speed, seems that going rate is between 6 and 10.

It was a few years ago now, but I think it was around the £6 mark per tyre. I’ve heard of figures between £10 and £12 so £10 doesn’t seem that bad, certainly compared to price of a new tyre.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News