Asda Rancid Chicken

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Asda Rancid Chicken

• Author

bobbychaz
    Participant

3 times I’ve had rancid chicken from Asda Wrexham ! Anyone else ?
    I went to the chilled chicken counter in Asda this Monday, I touched several chicken portions (they were in their wrapping) and they were all warm. I told a manager who checked them too and agreed they were warm to the touch. I was offered free chicken but declined and stated I,d never buy meat from Asda again. At no time did the manager offer an apology, take my name, offer a course of action to ensure the matter was resolved !! DON’T BUY CHICKENN FROM ASDA !!!!

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Asda Rancid Chicken ….. is that like Kentucky Fried Chicken?

It probably got knocked over now that the speed bumps have gone.

Asda Rancid Chicken

Rex Ham
    Participant

To have bought one rancid chicken is unfortunate, to have bought three sounds like foolishness. Why did you not take the original chicken back to the store? Why did you not alert the environmental health department with the second? Why on earth did you contemplate buying a third from there?

Asda have very robust processes to ensure the food they sell is stored correctly and having alerted a manager, you have done all you can.

Incidentally, I haven’t heard of an outbreak of food poisoning in Wrexham brought about by Asda selling rancid chicken.

justjojo2011
    Participant

When I lived in Warrington, I had the exact same problem with Asda chicken. Well, it wasn’t warm but it was completely in date and when I went to use it that same night, it smelled disgusting when it was opened. This happened twice from the same Asda in Warrington. It took a LONG time before I bought chicken again. I have never had this problem with chicken from Morrisons but I’m still super wary of it

Daave63
    Participant

Had a bbq [which I bought from B&Q] [where there is always a Q] couldn’t swear though [had to watch me P&Q’s] at the weekend and fancied some Asda Rancid Chicken, threw it on the barbie, cooked it thoroughly and guess what? It was bogging, just tasted like smokey rancid chicken! Must try it again next week! :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News