Arson in and around town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Arson in and around town

• Author

michellecook
    Participant

It’s scary to think there is this pocket of children/youths that are allowed to go around causing havoc. If they are this bad now, what is it going to be like in 5 or 10 years time? As I said before the lad that did our car this time is 10 years old. The PCSO reckons he is responsible for a large number of incidents. If they know this, then why aren’t they doing something about it? If the parents aren’t interested in keeping them in check, stick them in a residential home.

I really feel for the poor lady’s family :(

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@DIEARD 2432 wrote:

So if u catch someone trying to torch your car/house your just supposed to let em get on with it?
    I think what the main issue is that people commiting these offenses know they can get away with it and not afraid of the law or what will happen when they get caught doing it.
    Lets be honest here, if its some 14 year old kid or minor commiting these offenses what will happen to them? It’s not like they are going to get locked up.
    My last post was an example, I not stupid enough to give someone a hiding or show my face as I would get targeted every day/night for life.
    I feel really sorry for the lady and family this has happened too, it’s gone too far now and I reckon there is more to come.

Have police or anyone said how these cars are being set alight? Surely something substantive would have to be used?
    The substance on my car smelt like BBQ lighter gel.

Best to just restrain them and wait for the police… totally okay with fantasizing about them being beaten up, but actual violence for anybody, once exercised, is a jack that is difficult to put back in box.

It’s terrible what has happened, something needs to be done today to protect the residents.

Rob
    Participant

KKOB
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 2436 wrote:

Best to just restrain them and wait for the police… .

Don’t even think about restraining them. It’s YOU that’ll end up in court.

DIEARD
    Participant

@Rob 2454 wrote:

Three arrests this afternoon – Police Make Three Arrests Over Car Arsons | Wrexham.com

Interesting, 3 lads in hoodies banging on my door on 30th oct @ 9.30pm, soon as they spotted the camera they did one. Must dig out the pics the security camera took.
    Is this worth mentioning to the police or wasting their time ?

michellecook
    Participant

@DIEARD 2464 wrote:

Interesting, 3 lads in hoodies banging on my door on 30th oct @ 9.30pm, soon as they spotted the camera they did one. Must dig out the pics the security camera took.

It may be something, it may be nothing. Tell them and let them decide. It was 3 youths that did our car and apparently been causing havoc all over the place. May be a little too much to hope it is the same 3 youths.

Taffy
    Participant

@DIEARD 2464 wrote:

If it is the same ones it may help the police by putting the youths in a certain area at a certain time.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@KKOB 2457 wrote:

Don’t even think about restraining them. It’s YOU that’ll end up in court.

Householders and the use of force against intruders

A legal guide to citizen’s arrest | Rupert Myers | Law | guardian.co.uk

KKOB
    Participant

Yes, I fully understand the law. I’m a licenced guard and door supervisor. But, as you’ll see almost daily on the press, it’s often the victim of a crime that gets arrested first for retaliating or using unreasonable force when restraining a suspect. What’s written in law, and what’s fact, are often worlds apart.

You have a good case for restraint if they are inside your home but once they leave the property you are far wiser to allow them to escape. Furthermore, if there are 3 of them, as in the post above, what chance do you think you have of restraining them on or off of the property?

thewayneinspain
    Participant

I’m for as little interaction as possible with them, it’s asking for the trouble.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News