Arson in and around town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Arson in and around town

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Update: Fresh Police Appeal Over Car Arson – Elderly Lady Still In ‘Serious Condition’ | Wrexham.com

“The elderly owner of the vehicle remains in a serious condition in hospital after being taken ill soon after the incident around 4am on November 13th at an address in The Orchards.

A man arrested nearby has been released with no further action to be taken. Meanwhile a youth, local to the area, was arrested yesterday afternoon and is currently being questioned at Wrexham police station.”

DIEARD
    Participant

I could be wrong and only going by info I’ve been given so don’t quote me on this.
    The old lady involved has Apparantley died, her husband was also in hospital having an op before the fire.
    If this is true it’s what we all feared, was only a matter of time before someone died as a result of these mindless fires.
    I live not too far from where this happened and constantly check every noise I hear, I only moved to the area in April from Chirk. I had 2 cars vandalised with paint stripper/acid in the space of 2 weeks of moving.
    I bought a 250k house next to Caia and people did warm me not too.
    I had three hoodies knocking on my door at 9.30pm on 30th oct, soon as they spotted my security camera they ran….suspicious? But this is they way I’m made to feel now.
    Bear in mind in 32 and can look after myself, but have 3 young kids I fear for incase cars get set alite.
    Thing is, even if the police catch the person/s responsible they could never trace them back to all the fires and will just get a slap on the wrist.

michellecook
    Participant

So sad to hear about the old lady. I would like to think this will shock some sense into these idiots.

@DIEARD 2416 wrote:

I bought a 250k house next to Caia and people did warm me not too.
    I had three hoodies knocking on my door at 9.30pm on 30th oct, soon as they spotted my security camera they ran….suspicious? But this is they way I’m made to feel now.

This is happening all over, not just in Caia. Nor is it known if the idiot that caused this tradgedy is from Caia. Tarring the entire estate with the same brush is not helping anyone.

DIEARD
    Participant

@michellecook 2421 wrote:

So sad to hear about the old lady. I would like to think this will shock some sense into these idiots.

This is happening all over, not just in Caia. Nor is it known if the idiot that caused this tradgedy is from Caia. Tarring the entire estate with the same brush is not helping anyone.

Apologies, ment no offense.
    Could be anyone at the end of the day from anywhere, just perception changes when your on the other end of the stick.
    Common sense says its someone around that area as that’s where it’s all happening, and probably Kids.

wrexview
    Participant

My heart sank when I read that the elderly lady who was the victim of the lastest arson attack had died.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

very sad to hear about the victim.

impossible to say where the arsonists are from, but the majority of the victims are from caia park.

The police have failed to get a grip on this and are not protecting the residents of caia park. To be frank, whoever is responsible for policing at caia park is a failure.

michellecook
    Participant

If you read a few posts up, you’ll see I am a Caia resident and have fallen victim of idiots on at least 25 occasions over the last 18 months.

Of our most recent trouble over 2 weeks ago we are still waiting for the Police to contact us. It is only because my partner went to the station amd moidered HK that we were able to get the car back. Nobody from the Police let us know it had been released nor if they have any evidence. We know who did it, we have been given exact details and we have past these on to Police.

Yesterday we saw 2 pairs of PCSO’s or hobby bobbies as we call them walking around the estate, but that is the first time in years. You call the Police for anything and if you are lucky they may get round to coming out in a week or so, assuming they can be bothered.

DIEARD
    Participant

What a pain Michelle, must be so frustrating!!!
    When my cars where done (along with whole street) the police refused to come as said there nothing they could do. Eventually they turned up but hours after the incident.
    These people doing this are getting away with it and must be getting a kick out it.

If I/we caught someone doing it and gave em what for I/we would get put behind bars for gbh. The law is so wrong at the moment.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@DIEARD 2429 wrote:

What a pain Michelle, must be so frustrating!!!
    When my cars where done (along with whole street) the police refused to come as said there nothing they could do. Eventually they turned up but hours after the incident.
    These people doing this are getting away with it and must be getting a kick out it.

If I/we caught someone doing it and gave em what for I/we would get put behind bars for gbh. The law is so wrong at the moment.

..And quite rightly that anyone who gave ‘what for’ should go behind bars. Think it’s perfectly right to fantasise about giving a thief a beating, but there is always a risk that it could escalate and really it’s not mentally healthy for the person giving “what for” either..

The law isn’t wrong, the lack of protection being given to victims and potential victims is.

DIEARD
    Participant

So if u catch someone trying to torch your car/house your just supposed to let em get on with it?
    I think what the main issue is that people commiting these offenses know they can get away with it and not afraid of the law or what will happen when they get caught doing it.
    Lets be honest here, if its some 14 year old kid or minor commiting these offenses what will happen to them? It’s not like they are going to get locked up.
    My last post was an example, I not stupid enough to give someone a hiding or show my face as I would get targeted every day/night for life.
    I feel really sorry for the lady and family this has happened too, it’s gone too far now and I reckon there is more to come.

Have police or anyone said how these cars are being set alight? Surely something substantive would have to be used?
    The substance on my car smelt like BBQ lighter gel.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News