Arson in and around town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Arson in and around town

• Author

Rob
    Participant

wrexview
    Participant

I see a CCTV camera in the background of one of your photos , so perhaps this time there will be some footage of the perpetrators.

wrexview
    Participant

Another two cases of arson in the last few days. One astonishingly close to the front door of someone’s home! It is difficult to imagine how terrified the occupants must have been and how lucky they were that it did not spread. It seems no one can stop them!

Luke_Ashley
    Participant

CCTV is one thing. The police then spending some time reviewing the video playback and following up on their suspicions is another thing. It seems to me they prefer to lurk around corners, sitting in their fast unmarked pursuit cars, equipped with ANPR, and then satisfy their need to gain another adrenaline rush by giving chase on the unsuspecting who are living in poverty and can`t afford the ever increasing insurance premiums. The police force is a business and they will find the cheapest way to gain the highest revenue. How many people have been exposed to or been the victim of serious crimes, but in the minds of the police, these crimes are minor and not worth the time and resources to follow up??

Rob
    Participant

Two more cars at the end of the week – and two more tonight.

locallad
    Participant

Well when you get only 4 policemen/women working in wrexham,& all those pretend police riding around in one car or van,what do you expect.

Andy
    Participant

“the unsuspecting who are living in poverty and can`t afford the ever increasing insurance premiums.”

No sympathy with this statement! ANPR cameras are a fantastic way to keep criminals off our roads.
    If you can’t afford insurance, please don’t drive.

wrexview
    Participant

I have just read the log of the fire brigade call outs from last night,no mention of the burnt out cars, unless I have missed something!

wrexview
    Participant

I can see they have been added at the end now.

michellecook
    Participant

@Andy 2344 wrote:

“the unsuspecting who are living in poverty and can`t afford the ever increasing insurance premiums.”

No sympathy with this statement! ANPR cameras are a fantastic way to keep criminals off our roads.
    If you can’t afford insurance, please don’t drive.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. We can’t afford the ever rising premiums either, but as we need to have 2 cars, we have to find a way. There is no excuse for not having insurance.

Our premiums will be going up again next time, why? On Saturday A 10yr old idiot and his mates decided to smash a window in our car and let off the handbrake. We returned home to find an empty space where our car should’ve been and just a layer of glass in its place. Reported it missing, to be told it had been recovered less than 50 yds away. So far £150 recovery fee,£75 excess on insurance for glass and 2 days loss of earnings :mad:

If that is not bad enough the same gang returned to the area on Sunday and smashed the window in a car belonging to a visiting nun. Of course, there were no police officers available.

The reason for all the arson, vandalism etc is simple, it’s because they can. They know that IF they get caught all they’ll get is a free ride in a police car and a talking to. It’s about time the courts got tougher on them, perhaps the fear of a real punishment would be enough of a deterrent.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News