April Fools

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum April Fools

• Author

katy
    Participant

Is the new Wrexham.com website design an April fools joke or are we stuck with this mess forever?

Rondetto
    Participant

I have to agree, I ‘m all for changes if they are for the better but this looks terrible. Why change when we are so used to a winning formula.

Matt
    Participant

Looks and runs very smoothly on my phone. Good work.

Transportuser
    Participant

It works fine here. PC, iPad and phone.
    What’s the problem?
    Perhaps constructive criticism, rather than just slagging it off, might indicate what issues some might have with it.

JaneJ
    Participant

There are significant issues with the new site layout and in particular the new blue and white type – Rob needs to run an accessibility on the site and would find that it now ranks very low. Anyone who knows more abiout this issue perhaps could post the full result

R T
    Keymaster

We did do a range of testing on it – aware of some issues on older internet explorer versions and squishing those bugs along with general swatting of problems after the move.

I would be interested to hear device / platforms used for issues, and if any screengrabs can be emailed to news @ wrexham .com

Also, are people seeing the same issues on the equivalent pages of http://www.deeside.com and https://north.wales (frontpage / articles etc) or just here.

Finally would note the forums are still on some older code, we were keen to get the new stuff live asap to help stop the server melting – basically stuff is a lot lighter on this framework, it means in theory quicker for people to load (good for mobile use) and allows us to do much more in future.

cheers
    rob

WreX-iT
    Participant

it looks good on my phone and very old laptop

AMA Express
    Participant

I’m mostly using the Brave browser. On that the images of Tweets on the right-hand side of the screen can’t be read unless you click ‘enlarge’. Also the white on blue just doesn’t seem right.

There doesn’t seem to be similar problems on the other 2 sites.

Rondetto
    Participant

I’ve only read about Brave browser, what’s it like. Would you recommend it?

AMA Express
    Participant

Yep. It’s good. I moved from Firefox to Chrome. Used that for a couple of years and then changed to Brave a couple of months ago after reading a review in a newspaper. Definitely seems faster and ‘cleaner’ if you know what I mean. It’s far better at stopping adverts popping up.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News