Anti social behaviour from Travellers

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Anti social behaviour from Travellers

• Author

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone else in the area has been on the receiving end of this recently? About three weeks ago I was subjected to the most God awful torrent of verbal abuse from a group of very young Traveller boys aged between about 13-16 for no other reason than the fact that I happened to be in their orbit. Very personal comments about my looks, calling me a “slag” and a “whore” without having even seen me before! It was really degrading and though I can handle myself I admit to having been terrified. A few days later I saw a group of Traveller kids riding along my street kicking wing mirrors off all the cars, obviously I didn’t ring the police because I knew full well they wouldnt be interested.

I frequently see kids playing chicken on the Ruthin Road jumping in front of cars, what happens when one hits them? Just tonight they are jumping in front of cars on Windsor Road in New Broughton, no doubt on the way to the Chinese so they can verbally abuse the staff, intimidate fellow customers and generally cause chaos.

This is a real problem around here, we live fairly near the Ruthin Road site and I’m wondering when the police are going to start clamping down on this behaviour? We all know it goes on so why aren’t they doing something about it?

bobo the clown
    Participant

Apparently raising these points us intolerant and racist. Really !

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

I don’t think its racist or intolerant to say there is a problem with anti social behaviour in the Traveller community. I’m the most tolerant person in the world but my experience really shook my up.

AMA Express
    Participant

Perhaps if people DID report these incidents to the Paramilitary Social Workers (Police) they MIGHT just do something about it before it has a negative effect on their reported crime figures.

99DylanJones
    Participant

This is clearly a Police and Council issue- the Police for the criminal activity and Council for the ‘diversionary’ activities. The two people who should be informed as they are the lead in the Council are Lee Robinson who is a strategic Director – [email protected] and Clr Hugh Jones who is the Lead Member for Communities which includes Community Safety [email protected]
    Uf you din’t get the issues raised direct to their desks then no one can complain about lack of action

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=96224]This is clearly a Police and Council issue- the Police for the criminal activity and Council for the ‘diversionary’ activities. The two people who should be informed as they are the lead in the Council are Lee Robinson who is a strategic Director – [email protected] and Clr Hugh Jones who is the Lead Member for Communities which includes Community Safety [email protected]
    Uf you din’t get the issues raised direct to their desks then no one can complain about lack of action

[/quote]

There is about as much chance of getting action from any quarter as they have of me letting them Tarmac my drive.!!

99DylanJones
    Participant

If there is no action then they can be brought to account through the Ombudsman and of course in the case of a Council Member the ballot box. Please dont think the system is all ineffective without the proper challenge and evidence of no action. Eventually with enough complaints something surely must change. Or is my faith to tarnished a view

borras47
    Participant

The suggestion is that these individuals are from the Ruthin Road Site. If they insist on calling themselves travellers why do they need a permanent site and rather than as their title suggests and keep travelling, especially out of the Wrexham area!!

wxmlad
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your problem Wxm girl, I do not like these types with a passion, come the day they will get their cumuppance!

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

To be honest I’d rather they were on a permanent site than going from place to place disrupting other people’s lives. A classic example is when they rocked up on on Alyn Waters last year or the year before, sports events had to cancelled and they left a pile of mess behind them when they finally moved on. Just the other week they were on Deeside Lesiure Centre car park, and now on a school car park in Rhyl causing disruption to the pupils lessons. What gives them the bloody right?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

9 Tips for Crafting the Perfect College Admission Essay

News

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News