Another Visit, more questions to be raised !

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Another Visit, more questions to be raised !

• Author

Sam
    Participant

After a recent revisit to our local Planning office to expand on some more details and to view some more documents, I was sorry to say that it just raised more questions.

Please find below my email below asking for updates, additional information, views or feelings on the content.

The recipients are below the content.

I’ll post any relevant updates etc on here, ( If allowed to be published.)

Dear Sir’s, Madam’s,

On studying recently acquired documentation, it would seem apparent that the BDL was ALLOWED to prepare the site for use as a housing development site prior to any formal agreement being made on the fields future.

1. Surely during this period, the BDL should have been throwing all available money at the already overdue promise of the construction of the spine road, not speculating on more development?

Please find below a list of work that has been carried out on this Temporary Lagoon site post Lagoons.

• Excavation of the whole site to a depth of 5 Metres
    • Removal of lagoon soil
    • Replacement of the lagoon soil with clean material, the same process as across the whole development site
    • Installation of monitoring pins / pads
    • Monitoring of the above pads for the two following years
    • The formulation of a completion report. This document forms part of the document package required for the sale of the land for a housing development.

All of the above tasks required a monetary investment, I envisage that the cost was substantial.
    Substantial enough too complete the spine road ?
    Or just substantial enough to enable the Spine road to be built that extra 300 metres for access to the shops and school ?
    Would this of allowed the development to progress without the use of the Green barrier field?

2. Also, In light of the pending viability study of the field to yield the developer the profits they require, surely with a lot of the land stability issues already cured with this rebuild field, surely this will improve the studies findings for the plans adoption?

As my recent visit to the WCBC’s Planning Dept could not explain the above questions like why was this money was not used for the still ongoing saga of the Spine road funding?
    I’m having to ask my local political representatives to try and get too the bottom of this Issue please.

What little information I have acquired is that the BDL took a gamble on the planning proposal going through !

• Excavation of the whole site to a depth of 5 Metres
    • Removal of lagoon soil
    • Replacement of the lagoon soil with clean material, the same process as across the whole development site
    • Installation of monitoring pins / pads
    • Monitoring of the above pads for the two following years
    • The formulation of a completion report. This document forms part of the document package required for the sale of the land for a housing development.

Thats some major gamble !

So please, could you Help us find out Why this speculative spending / predevelopment was allowed by the WCBC ?

Because I have a feeling that just maybe, the residents of Tanyfron, Vron & Brymbo’s new estate could of had our facilities a while ago, or at least some of them ! WITHOUT having to give up Tanyfron’s only Green Open Space.

A lot of the residents of Tanyfron, Vron & Brymbo’s New Estate would like to hear any updates, additional information, views or feelings on this subject please ?

Finally, as I was told that the WCBC Planning dept would like to be seen as ‘run with Clarity’, then so would I, therefore please mark any of your replies Clearly as Confidential if you would not like your reply to be repeated in the public domain.

If you are in receipt of this email. Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy Email and hopefully Thank you for taking the time to reply too.

Regards

Sam Evans

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Thanks for this and keeping us informed.

I have two questions

Did any of the work described above need planning permission before they started?

How many replies from the email addresses above have said their messages previously are confidential?

Sam
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 5311 wrote:

Did any of the work described above need planning permission before they started?

How many replies from the email addresses above have said their messages previously are confidential?

Not according to Wrexham planning, as this was just an extension of the steelworks site, although, in my eyes, the t&c’s state that the field was to be used as a temporary basis, then returned to original state. Sadly, it is still in a pre development state, but still officially classed as green barrier.

None, that’s the truth. I have given them that option as my last requests for similar information via email or any other form has been poor by some contacts.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

If that is the case, is it possible to do a civil action against the planning department?

re: funding for civil action and legal advice – Crowdsource.

disgusting lack of transparency and communication from the politicians there.

Sam
    Participant

Thanks for the information.
    I’d hope that someone somewhere within my mailing list should be able to answer my questions.

We have looked, and have been directed in one case of using the ombudsmen.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

The LG ombudsman nearly always acts in retrospect which is nearly always too late.

Sam
    Participant

Interesting and sadly true.
    We’ll look at alternatives whilst waiting to see what responses I get to my correspondence.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

good luck.

Sam
    Participant

Thanks, I hope my faith in my contact list doesn’t let me down.

Sam
    Participant

Dear Sam

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the above matter. Looking at your address it seems that you are not in the Wrexham Constituency. Mr Lucas must therefore forward your e-mail to your own MP. I have sent your e-mail to Susan Jones MP for Clwyd South.

I am sure that she will be in touch soon.

Kindest regards

Matthew Parry

Senior Caseworker to Ian Lucas MP

Thank you for your reply.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News