Another store closure

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Another store closure

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Yet another store is closing in the town centre. Peacocks who came back to the town after leaving a few years ago.
    Once they leave along with BHS this is going to be like a ghost town.

Daave63
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more Ron, this town is coming like a ghost town, if not already, I mean all the clubs have been closed down and yes, this place, is coming like a ghost town. Bands won’t play no more cause of too much fighting on the dance floor.
    Do you remember the good old days, BBC1 late 70’s variety show, before the ghost town?
    We danced and sang and the music played inna de boomtown. Yes indeed Ron, this town, is coming like a ghost town, oh why must the youth fight against themselves? Are government leaving the youth on the shelf? Yes again, this place, is coming like a ghost town, no job to be found in this country, can’t go on no more, understandably the people getting angry.

Rondetto
    Participant

Yes Dave, I remember when we had quite a few venues around the town. Burtons had a dance every Saturday, never any trouble. Too many bars and far too late opening times. The town is a magnet for junkies these days.

AMA Express
    Participant

JaneJ
    Participant

The more the place becomes empty , the less footfall of shoppers the higher the footfall of street drinkers/drugs and general anti social behaviour. These activities are often governed by having a lots of people around they go and find other hovels to take their anti social activities.

Be interesting to see now that we are exiting the EU whether lots of the Polish and Portuguese community in Wrexham decide to move again- if they did and their shops closed up to another 12 shops within the town centre could become empty.

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=115146]<iframe width=”1170″ height=”878″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/i94HHGKml9M?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

[/quote]

Whos that AMA? never heard of them!!

Cast the line, and reel them in!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@daave63

What do you mean calling me ponciau pet? Are you being offensive?

Daave63
    Participant

Are you stalking me Gal, if you read any of my other tremendously funny posts, you will notice I always play with peoples names because I believe its hilarious! If indeed you are offended by my remark, then I suggest you never move to Newcastle, Pet!

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=115198]Are you stalking me Gal, if you read any of my other tremendously funny posts, you will notice I always play with peoples names because I believe its hilarious! If indeed you are offended by my remark, then I suggest you never move to Newcastle, Pet!

[/quote]

NO….I’m not stalking you, just wanted an explanation to your comment. Can I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself in respect of my forum name!
    You smelly old fart..!

AMA Express
    Participant

[img]http://www.mainstreammarketing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/play-nicely-in-the-sandbox.jpg[/img]

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News