Another GP Surgery to Terminate Contract with Betsi Cadwaladr

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Another GP Surgery to Terminate Contract with Betsi Cadwaladr

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

We must not forget that no matter what Corbyn is promising the NHS in England , we live in Wales and NHS Wales management is devolved to the Welsh Assembly. Locally health is a major issue and although we had the Minister for Health in Wales , Lesley Griffiths AM , representing us in Cardiff , nothing changed. The situation is deteriorating.

welshman1000
    Participant

What we all have to realise is that when the contract’s are terminated we the Council Tax paying public don’t
    seem to be told the reason why.
    I worry about the lack of services for everyone and as has just been mentioned NHS is run by Welsh Labour via
    Cardiff; I would be interested in knowing how many comparable health issues there are in South Wales as up
    here we always appear to get the short straw; maybe our AM or MP could provide some data as this is pretty bad
    news for Wrexham.

AMA Express
    Participant

The contracts are being terminated because the 3 doctors are retiring. That’s no secret. It’s a fact that doctors retire. If the surgery is unable to attract replacements to the area what are the surgery owners to do ?

jimbow
    Participant

My surgery in Wrexham is now run by locums as the previous doctors retired. I have to say,I find I get a better service now for appointments,than I did before.

newwales
    Participant

The problem is with the GPs contracts, they get paid so much that most start to go part time in there early 50s then a large percentage retire late 50s, the hospitals are worse consultants are allowed to work part time in private practices if they want, they need to change the contracts from day 1 of training that they must work at least 80% in the NHS for the first 20 years after training that would help reduce the waiting lists currently, 6 to 8 months NHS or the same consultant next week in a private hospital.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Does anyone know if consultants are self employed or employed direct by a hospital Or Health Board.

Mike Davies
    Participant

Consultants are employed with a salary. They may choose to work full time, part time, or even work for more than one hospital. In Britain, all doctors have the right to work privately if they wish. Many consultants will work part time on a salary and part time in private practice.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News