Ambulance waiting times

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ambulance waiting times

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@johnhoppy 16931 wrote:

Where does it end. What about the people who fall of bikes, have heart attacks whilst jogging, break a limb whilst climbing mountains. All these activities could be considered to be self inflicted. Why pick on only one section of society.

Do you know that one of the biggest sections of people who attend A&E are sports related, I think sport should be banned :D self inflicted :eek::eek:

but seriously as you say where would selectiveness stop ??

Its the system that needs sorting, or are there just to many people to take care of ?

Sheefag
    Participant

Breathalyse and drug test all who who enter A&E, administer a severe kicking to any over the limit – problem solved.
    You know it makes sense.

99DylanJones
    Participant

I hope the staff in A & E were not inundated by the injuries caused by self inflicted excess drinking on Friday night and the volunteers from Red Cross and Street Pastors did not have to put up with too much abuse on the Streets of Wrexham. These volunteers do a fantastic job and should not be subject to abuse when they are trying to help people- they all deserve a medal.

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

Hey folks, all will soon be resolved
    As you probably read in the w/e press ambulances are to get new targets of 18 minutes for a Red 2 call. So with more time to get to A&E the queues will go down and they can delivery the ‘patient’ direct to the morgue.
    So missing targets? – easy solution – move the goalposts – Simples

Sheefag
    Participant

I can see how you got your name.

99DylanJones
    Participant

This is one of the saddest stories of the year which unfortunately will increase the risk of death either pre admittance or soon after arrival as the A & E staff will receive patients that have deteriorated.
    You will have to feel sorry for the fantastic staff in A and E who will be under increasing pressure to preserve life.
    I hope the managers who have taken this decision will have rethink asap..

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

See – I told you everything would be ok once the goal posts had been moved

https://www.wrexham.com/news/wrexham-among-highest-for-ambulance-response-times-51174.html”]https://www.wrexham.com/news/wrexham-among-highest-for-ambulance-response-times-51174.html

Seriously though this still means you have a 60/40 chance of dying before they get to you

Happy New Year :confused:

Sheefag
    Participant

I can only aspire to the joy that you feel right now in being right.
    You lucky man, you ‘Lottery Of Life’ Winner, you.
    Thank you so much for sharing.

johnhoppy
    Participant

On a connected theme I see from the article on Wrexham.com that we are urged to use a Minor Injuries Unit when possible. Err….the closest is in Mold. I presume that there isn’t one in Wrexham because we have A&E at the Maelor.

wrexview
    Participant

Nine hospitals in England have now declared “major incident ” status due to pressure on their A&E departments. The Government are still denial that there is a problem at all! A number of managers have spoken out today to say money is not the whole problem , a lack of trained staff to fill vacancies is also a factor. Politically it is a good time to bring this nationwide problem to a head. Which political party is going to come up with a workable solution. A penny on the basic rate of tax maybe , with all monies ring fenced for the NHS, initially to solve this A&E problem. We need a dynamic government with novel ideas , I fear all we will get is more of the same which ever party is in power!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News