Ambulance & Fire Services Resource Centre Exit?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ambulance & Fire Services Resource Centre Exit?

• Author

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Does anybody know how the ambulances and fire engines will be able to get out during the rush hour when traffic in the area is gridlocked?

There are traffic lights and a mysterious road across the way …. but where does it go?

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=111125]Does anybody know how the ambulances and fire engines will be able to get out during the rush hour when traffic in the area is gridlocked?

There are traffic lights and a mysterious road across the way …. but where does it go?

[/quote]

From what I have heard the new station will have control over the new lights.
    The new road leads to Moneypenny.

pete
    Participant

The “mysterious road” has always been there – it was the cycle path up to Gatewen which was brought up to the same level as Croesnewydd Road when they demolished the bridge. It’s now a road to the new Moneypenny office like dagg says.

The traffic lights were promised years ago when the bridge was demolished and the cycle path would have to cross Croesnewydd Road (rather than going under it) to get to the section through the hospital car park.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Thanks both.
    Having control of the lights is one thing but negotiating the queues of traffic going towards B&Q/ the Hospital (right turn) or to Morrisons or Coedpoeth/ By-Pass way (left) is going to be impossible, especially with limited opportunities to pass waiting vehicles.
    New Money Penny traffic will only add to the problem ……
    I worry about response times given all of this.

gogledd
    Participant

I’m reliably informed that the new Station does NOT have control of the lights and this is to be added (at some cost) later. An oversight in the planning process – the lights don’t even have a box junction so I fear your concerns over response times are probably correct. Also moving the station means that the Retained Duty Firefighters will be responding to a new location. As far as I know there has been o new recruitment process toattract RDS Firefighters nearer the station.

RDS firefighters work elsewhere and respond to personal alerters to turn into the Station; they used to be called part-time firefighters in the past.

Other posters are correct regarding the road opposite leading to Moneypenny and the cycle path leading to Gatewen (and beyond into the new housing estate in Gatewen) The Moneypenny building looks like it will hold dozens and dozens of staff and will add to the congestion in this area.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News