Airport transfers

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Airport transfers

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I’ve looked around many times for the best deals in Wrexham and it seems to be a bit of a minefield. The prices vary so much. Some are terribly expensive and some reasonable. But they never seem to adjust the prices when the petrol/diesel price comes down.
    Any thoughts on this subject?

AMA Express
    Participant

I’ve been in the transport business all my life. Granted, companies rarely put their prices down when fuel costs go down but they also don’t always put them up when prices rise.

Like many services, cheapest is very rarely best. Take recommendations from previous customers of the transfer or taxi companies and stick with whichever gives you the service that you’re happy with at a price that you can afford.

MadMan
    Participant

GLT minibus has treated us well over the years costs around £80-85 return to Manchester Airport. I would recommend them to everyone.

Metalhead
    Participant

We used a really good local company the other year, supplied a couple of mini buses to transport our large group to Manchester airport. Can’t for the life of me remember what they were called though so this is probably not a lot of help! :)

Rondetto
    Participant

The best I’ve found is Andy’s airport transfers from Rhosddu. Very good and quite a bit cheaper than others in the town.

Andy
    Participant

What do you consider expensive? A return transfer is about 4 hours work for the driver. that’s IF there are no delays. About £30 in fuel plus running costs. I would say about £90 for a car would be a reasonable quote.

Rondetto
    Participant

That’s reasonable. Some charge as much as £120 return transfer.

Andy
    Participant

I assume you did mean Manchester or Liverpool Airport? £120 for a car is OTT if it is.

Rondetto
    Participant

Yes, Manchester I was meaning.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News