Action against Wetherspoons

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Action against Wetherspoons

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Congratulations to Wrexham Council for acting against Wetherspoons and showing how serious everyone needs to take to protect everyone. This is the second enforcement notice in two weeks so clearly businesses need to adhere to the regulations and crucially customers as well,,

parkingmad
    Participant

Surprised, because when I’ve been there its been well organised. When I went to chester I was never asked for my details in any of the pubs including The Square Bottle which is a Wetherspoons pub.

MP1953
    Participant

Not actually had a drink in the Elihu Yale one, but had a walk round and virtually everywhere in there was screened off even the slot machines, they must have spent thousands on that pub alone they couldn’t have done any more to keep people safe.

Been in one or two others they were ok but nothing like Wetherspoons Regent Street.

MadMan
    Participant

I am actually not sure what more they could possibly do to be honest from the reports I am getting from people they are one of the strictest, the issue is the type of custom they would attract and the amount of custom they attract.

JaneJ
    Participant

Looks like it was a staffing issue behind the front of house that has resulted in the Improvement Notice. Physical screens and barriers is one thing but if staff didn’t adhere to the rules then everything else is a waste of time.

IdrisDragon
    Participant

Let’s see if an improvement notice is issued to Ty Pawb following comments posted on Twitter today. They should be subject to the same rules and scrutiny as other commercial ventures in the Town Centre. If they are found lacking they should be subject to the same ignominy of having a notice pasted to their door!

Councillor X
    Participant

I won’t be back there anytime soon i am afraid.

parkingmad
    Participant

I still can’t see what more Lloyds can do, I’m sitting here now having a pint, and the precautions are better than the Elihu Yale (top spoons). They have always have been.

Captain C
    Participant

Why do lots of people refer to it as Lloyds when it was the Midland Bank and then HSBC before it became Wetherspoons?

Matt
    Participant

I think it’s because it used to be branded as a Lloyds No.1 Bar concession of Wetherspoons.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News