Accidents on the 483

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Accidents on the 483

• Author

harry
    Participant

Seems to be one everyday all around the same place , are people incapable of driving on this road or what?!?! Bloody idiots. No wonder the speed camera van is always on the bridge .

Andy
    Participant

Speed Cameras can’t detect useless drivers, tailgaters, texting etc.

BorrasBill
    Participant

@Andy 14631 wrote:

Speed Cameras can’t detect useless drivers, tailgaters, texting etc.

You are right Andy, I followed a woman yesterday from Holt Road to the A483 Northbound, she was on her mobile the whole time, including stopping at red lights twice on Gresford roundabout, totally oblivious to people looking at her. What did she change gear with?????

feedshallow
    Participant

@BorrasBill 14632 wrote:

You are right Andy, I followed a woman yesterday from Holt Road to the A483 Northbound, she was on her mobile the whole time, including stopping at red lights twice on Gresford roundabout, totally oblivious to people looking at her. What did she change gear with?????

Automatic?

johnhoppy
    Participant

Driving Northbound this morning on the A483 I consider the Speed Camera Van almost caused an accident. I was travelling at just below 70mph and overtaking traffic when the car in front of me braked very sharply when he/her saw the Van, even though he was not travelling above the legal limit. If I had not given myself plenty of room between myself and the car in front of me (as one should always do) it would have been very scary.

Huw
    Participant

Not surprised there’s so many accidents, there are some terrible drivers around. The worst one’s I find are when there’s double lanes approaching a roundabout. I see people getting in left lanes to take a right turn and right lanes to take left turns! Had one this morning – at the Wxm golf course roundabout, approaching from Gresford direction, a car only gets in the right hand lane to go down to the industrial estate! Idiots.

cmaj76
    Participant

I agree with some of the posts, it’s not speed that is the issue, it is lack of concentration and distractions such as mobile phone use.

I see this everyday coming off the industrial estate along the new link road, countless people on mobiles and my personal favorite people who get in the right hand lane at JCB and pootle along at 45 mph all the way to the Gresford roadabout, as they are turning right for Chester :mad:

I have not seen any police presence on this road since it was belatedly finished.

Darlofan
    Participant

Wife and I were talking of this this morning. There is an accident daily at the moment and quite serious ones too not just minor ones.

Rob
    Participant

Today on the bottom of Marford Hill (towards town) there was an iffy pull in by a van to the layby there – the food van was towards the centre of the layby meaning people had to pull in before, or in terms of this van , sharply after it.

Also it had its generator on the traffic side of the food van.

Dont worry I am self loathing as I type this cliche, but that really is an accident waiting to happen…

Liam
    Participant

Always interested in why accidents happen in clusters at certain spots, is there any reason for it or just coincidence?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News