Aaron Banks running rings around Ian Lucas

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Aaron Banks running rings around Ian Lucas

• Author

JW
    Participant

Interesting debate at today’s DCMS committee – Wrexham’s own Ian Lucas also made an appearance…

Matt
    Participant

Arron Banks and his cronies like Farage are currently just a sideshow circus and distraction to the main orders of the day, which is whether or not A May-led Government, or in fact a Conservative Government under any leader can effectively deliver a Brexit in any way, shape or form? Especially seeing as Phillip Lee felt so strongly today, he resigned from government rather than back the current plans. Then you have David Davis and Boris Johnson in open-revolt over May’s handling of the whole affair. Even if all the Lords amendments get defeated there is still the near impossible conundrum of the Irish border to deal with and 9 months to deal with an effective exit strategy if the Brexit deadline of March 2019 is to be met.

If there are currently public dissenters within government then I can only imagine what is going on behind the scenes. It was discussed 2 years ago that Brexit would massively hamstring this country and it has done so, we are no closer to seeing what is ahead for the UK and its future relations with the EU or trade relations around the world.

As an objective aside, I don’t think Labour are configured in an effective position to deliver Brexit either, were they in power – there are 2 many different blistering factions there and across the entire political left.

What a thoroughly horrible poisoned chalice. The bullshit being passed from both the extreme Brexiteer camp and the extreme Remain camp – FBPE crowd has left most of the general public generally alienated and sick of it all.

It’s also no wonder that people genuinely believe that Russia/Putin had a hand in influencing the entire vote. Utter delusional madness.

Rex Ham
    Participant

The headline for this topic is, I think misleading! Aaron Banks does not run rings around anyone at this hearing. All he does is throw out insults when he is cornered.

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=150732]The headline for this topic is, I think misleading! Aaron Banks does not run rings around anyone at this hearing. All he does is throw out insults when he is cornered.[/quote]

Totally agree. Banks stated before the hearing that he had every intention of being disruptive. All it did show to anyone who watched was an arrogant,ignorant man who resorted to insult after insult when put into an indefensible position. Walking out before the end of the session to attend a luncheon appointment was the ultimate show of contempt.
    Ian Lucas behaved in a calm and dignified manner and should be applauded for not rising to the bait.

MP1953
    Participant

Aaron Banks running rings around Ian Lucas

I see it as the both of them running rings round the whole DCMS committee, but there again I think that is because there is nothing to answer so therefore it was easy for them, and what a waste of time. IMO

Matt
    Participant

Scotland has now grabbed some balls & is standing up to Westminster in terms of allowing only a disgraceful 20 minute debate on devolution power grab.

More SNP retaliation expected.

Wales needs to grow a pair and do the same, even if it a cross party affair.

Sheefag
    Participant

It was just the usual childish SNP tantrum, nothing more.
    Normal people are very turned off by that kind of tawdry and childish political behaviour.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=150793]It was just the usual childish SNP tantrum, nothing more.
    Normal people are very turned off by that kind of tawdry and childish political behaviour.[/quote]

It was a stunt, but normal people across Scotland are going to feel emboldened by such actions and it will be seen as the initial flash point that push a second independence referendum onto the table. There are thousands already signing up again to the SNP and word on the grapevine is that even die hard unionists in Scotland were sympathetic and supportive of SNP actions.

You just have to question the complete crass disregard of Westminster against the other home nations. Maybe nothing will happen in the short term, people not feeling listened to by the Government was what got us in this whole mess in the first place. So continued ignorance to the needs of Scotland and Wales (I feel NI have got plenty of aces in the hole) is going to end up having consequences one way or another.

Sheefag
    Participant

Gotta hand it to you Matt, you’ve got a grievance bank that would shame a Scotsman.

Matt
    Participant

It’s what the forums are here for right?

You look at the topics on the first page & even the few threads you think are going to be positive like the one about Coleg Cambria are a massive Trojan horse for someone to drop in a huge rant. It’s an open invitation for someone to put in a long drawn out screed about the Groves site.

I am actually having to restrain my myself. We need a jokes/off topic forum like back in the day.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News