A483,J5, which lane?!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483,J5, which lane?!!

• Author

harry
    Participant

OK so you’re heading north bound down the A483 and you come to J5, you leave the bypass and you are faced with 2 lanes and signs showing;
    right hand lane ‘Town centre and A&E

and

Left hand lane showing ‘Town Centre’

You stay in the left hand lane to head to the town centre, you pass the traffic lights and come up to another set by where traffic from the mold/gwesyllt direction joins.

The road in the left hand lane is marked; Chstr and WXM town centre. So you carry on in that lane only to be met with drivers in the right hand lane crossing over in front and in to the side of you! Then once passing thru the next set of lights most of these cars who pushed in to the left hand lane then go all the way across to the right and round the rounderbout to the hospital direction!!!

So what bloody lane do we go in?!!

Other day i was met by an aggressive middle aged man who told me i was in the worng lane and had cut him up (even tho he was indicating left to my lane:confused:), ‘thats the f*****ng chester lane’, i told him i was following the road markings and signs , he then told me he was going to ‘smash my f****ng face in’

nice hey:rolleyes:

Dave@carefreewifi
    Participant

Harry, welcome to the Russian roulette that masquerades as lane markings on the local Wrexham roads. I suspect that there may be a sweepstake somewhere in the council
    to see who can cause the most confusion among local motorists. I live in constant fear of confused lane-hoppers on the A483/link road roundabout.. Be afraid…

harry
    Participant

i hate it, few times ive been in the other lane and someone beeped and shouted when we stopped ‘there is two lanes in to wrexham now!’

i still think the left hand lane is the correct one

Born Acorn
    Participant

Signs were erected last year to mark both lanes as acceptable for town so people won’t be queuing right back around.

It just takes time for everyone to actually read road signs when they are “used” to the road.

But you can’t really make it more pronounced than the bright yellow AA signs they’ve used.

david1ten
    Participant

They didn’t need the signs, the junction worked perfectly well before they interfered, they’ve just caused more confusion, take the signs down. They are not statuary signs anyway.:)

zinger
    Participant

Were they put up after the Rhosddu bridge one way fiasco?

[email protected]
    Participant

Since they have changed the road markings, there has been chaos as a lot of people are using it the same way they always have. You are correct in using the left hand lane as the road markings direct. The same problem occurs when approaching the B& Q roundabout from Sainsburys.

Metalhead
    Participant

I hope your username is not actually your active email address, if so displaying it on a public forum might not be such a great idea.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Yes that’s a very easy way for spammers to automatically harvest your email.

JordanDoughty
    Participant

Yup, wouldn’t recommend it man! :P

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News