A483/A55 posthouse roundabout planned works

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483/A55 posthouse roundabout planned works

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

Does anyone know if there are online plans of proposed works?
    Having read the article about proposed works, if i’m right they are widening the slip road off if you are coming from Broughton direction on the 55(they did add an extra lane at the top of slip road last year) and putting lights up at the roundabout from the business park direction. If that’s correct it’s not going to help the queues from Wrexham direction on a morning where we all sit for 25mins on a good day.

NJones
    Participant

It sounds like they are intending to control the traffic coming from Wrexham with lights as well, so the whole roundabout will be better managed.

Darlofan
    Participant

@NJones 2071 wrote:

It sounds like they are intending to control the traffic coming from Wrexham with lights as well, so the whole roundabout will be better managed.

Does that mean lights on the Rossett roundabout? Can’t see that making a difference as there is never a problem getting across the 1st roundabout. It’s the lights on the main roundabout that cause the problem. I’ve known them out a couple of times and both times traffic was moving superbly!!

DaveW
    Participant

@NJones 2071 wrote:

This remains to be seen I think.

I have a suspicion that all they intend doing is improve access to and from Chester Business Park, which will make an already unbearable journey for Wrexham people going north on A483 and onto A55 into a totally unacceptable one !

Ian Lucas did it once at the critical 8:00am to 9:00am time and was horrified. Try doing it every bloody day though.:(

NJones
    Participant

I gave up working in Chester as it put so much time onto my travel. Both my wife and I now work in Wrexham to avoid it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News