A483 Stand Water & Flood Spots

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 Stand Water & Flood Spots

• Author

angryShopper
    Participant

Another car off the road today, just before the junc4 exit, heading from 3 to 4.

The road in this sections floods, and cars aqua-plane, and it’s been like it before and after the re-surfacing, it’s always like it, and cars always come off,

Today about 3ish it was a black golf, the driver looked shaken to cars had already stopped so I drove on, save adding to a potentially accident. that road is a total mess, the council need to sort it out, felt so bad for that driver, esp as it’s xmas eve :(

in other flood news, the bridge on the A5 at Chirk is flooded because of a blocked drain, forcing drivers to break hard or use theother side of the road

Rob
    Participant

We have alerted highways before on an aquaplaning spot – a483 Aquaplaning Spot Warning | Wrexham.com but nothing done.

A car did fly off on Gresford Hill this year, thankfully the drains are now sorted.

Potholes and standing water seem basic stuff to solve?

KKOB
    Participant

Yep, the council’s solution for the A483 will probably be a 50mph speed limit and a “safety camera”.

Darlofan
    Participant

I drive the 483 everyday and know all the areas of standing water so why can’t the council spot them and do something about it.

angryShopper
    Participant

What I like with wrexham, the road in ruabon by the landfill is straight flat and level, and is now 50mph

the road to coedporth is on a hill and twisty and is still 60mph, so wtf is going on with the “lets turn all the roads in town to 50mph” plan is I don’t know.

I hope todays driver sues the council, because that road is dangerous and someone is going to be killed, I was in a friends car two nights ago, he is not from the area, and I just in time told him to back off the speed for the very same pool near junc 4

people from out of area, or inexperianced drivers are going to get bitten, and it’s not their fault

harry
    Participant

always standing water after rain just after j3 north bound just as you pass under the bridge in the outside lane . i to have warned others about this . hit that at 50 just after a heavy down pour and its a heart in mouth moment ,seen a few cars aquaplane there

Born Acorn
    Participant

Try bothering the trunk road agency. As I understand it the council alone would not be responsible for the road due to its regional significance as a trunk road.

Darlofan
    Participant

2nd lane under water again yesterday and today just before jct 4. I think it’ll take a death there before its sorted.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

which councillor is responsible for this stretch?

then we can all contact him/her… he’s then screwed as a politician if an accident happens in the future (hopefully not serious)

same should be done to the MP and the AMs.

All are then culpable.

angryShopper
    Participant

Well if it’s Ian Lucas I found when dealing with him it helps to have blonde hair and tits… wont go into details but I was with a pack of students trying to access a function, the lads who rocked up first and spoke with him had to wait, stared at by security, the busty girls were taken right in,

so if wrexham.com has any pretty girls, maybe they could take a letter down to him ?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News