A483 Roadworks to be Extended into June!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 Roadworks to be Extended into June!

• Author

pete
    Participant

I think at the moment the problems are being caused by the traffic lights on the a55 roundabout. Once these are replaced we’ll see if the congestion is better than before…

Was anybody working there this weekend? You’d hope so if they’ve left the roadworks there over bank holiday weekend, when they can take them away for Chester races.

asteve76
    Participant

I’m not privvy to any information regarding traffic congestion or the road infrastructure in that area of course, but I have to raise the question of whether any of the roadworks were needed in the first place.
    If it concerned the general condition of the roads then fair enough, but if there were major congestion problems in the area, then I’d have to say that I never experienced any major delays in the past.

bobo the clown
    Participant

Blimey asteve76, I assume you’ve never been there in the morning or evening “rush” hours. It routinely used to take 45-60 minutes to get from Rossett to to the Business Park. A run which takes 10 minutes at other times.

Whether THIS solution was the right one and whether it will sort matters out is another matter.

=========================

Anyway, TWO weeks from the third deadline. It’s clear some progress is, at last, being made but will they meet the target date ? Looking at it as I sat in queues on Friday there are some major things still no-where near.

Anyone betting on it being fully done & dusted in two weeks ?

My guess us that, for shear shame, they’ll open what they can but some work will continue for a good while after.

Or maybe I’m just a pessimist.

Darlofan
    Participant

Loving the quote from today’s press release about being on course to finish by 28th June. No mention of that being 3 months late though!

bobo the clown
    Participant

3 months late on a project intended to be 7 months. 43% overrun. Way to go.

That weather must have been bad.

MP1953
    Participant

Obviously it is not good that it has over run especially for people having to go that way at peak times, but Asteve 76 is correct in that there never was a problem in off peak times, and still hasn’t been that much delay in off peak times during the current works.

All the work that is being done is for the peak times, I guess 7 till 9 30 and 16 00 ish to 18 30 ish ,,, from what I can see once it is finished it will work !!! I will soon be proved right or wrong in the next few weeks !!

Its seems to be all about getting the traffic on and off the roundabout to the various destinations, and the key to it seems to be all the extra lanes on the roundabout and the extra lanes to and from it…Time will tell….:)

Daave63
    Participant

Why don’t the Highways department do what most sensible men do on a Friday night out, Tell the wife that you will be in at 1am [knowing you will be home at 12midnight] come home at 12 and she will be happy!

Also in the twitter picture showing gridlock today, why are people walking down the road?

johnhoppy
    Participant

“Also in the twitter picture showing gridlock today, why are people walking down the road?”

Probably because its quicker than driving :)

Taffy
    Participant

[quote quote=95957]

Also in the twitter picture showing gridlock today, why are people walking down the road?

[/quote]
    Wasn’t that a completely different section of the A55?

pete
    Participant

This morning there was hardly any congestion going northbound up to the roundabout. There’s still a lane shut, it’s just a different one.

As for finished by Sunday? I’ll believe it when I see it – they’ve got to do most of the cycle path/footpath, put up another crossing, presumably replace the lights at the A55 roundabout with ones not in oil barrels…

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News