A483 Roadworks to be Extended into June!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 Roadworks to be Extended into June!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The Post House roundabout will be fully opened for the Chester Races and then closed again to allow the roadworks to be finished. Why is this exception being made for people just to enjoy a day out? What about all the disruption to local businesses, daily commuters and all those inconvenienced by traffic light failures? Surely the main concern should be to finish the job completely as soon as possible.

Rondetto
    Participant

They are taking the mickey now, first they blamed it on adverse weather which was ridiculous after the mild winter
    we’ve had and now delay due to Chester races? I just hope the contractors get heavily fined.

bobo the clown
    Participant

I’d comment but Daaaaaaaaave would get arsey.

Death by a thousand cuts. It was clear at Christmas they wouldn’t hit the March date. It was clear in March that next week would never be hit. Rather than say that they’ve released add ons bit by bit.

There’s actually a vague possibility they’ll make this one. The work can’t go on forever !

But, as said above the bad water excuse last time was ridiculous. They’ve excelled themselves with using Chester races as an explanation this time.

weasel
    Participant

Well….I sortta expected that …LOL…!!!

johnhoppy
    Participant

The Highways Agency or the councils could not care less about Chester Races or anyone else. I recall a few years ago major road works were carried out in Saltney which lasted about 6 months. They began on the day before a Chester Race meeting started !!

moggsie
    Participant

[quote quote=93553]The Highways Agency or the councils could not care less about Chester Races or anyone else. I recall a few years ago major road works were carried out in Saltney which lasted about 6 months. They began on the day before a Chester Race meeting started !!

[/quote]

good spot Johnny !!

WrecsamGirl
    Participant

The blame can only lie with the contractors, who seem to have messed up on an epic scale. I know that things sometimes overrun but this is ridiculous and the bad weather excuse laughable. What bad weather? We had a mild winter ffs!

Hugh Jordan
    Participant

So where are we with this? Is it still overnight closure, or just inconvenient?

I’ve to pick someone up at Manchester Airport next week about 7.30 a.m.

Should I be heading for Penyffordd instead of Post House?

Sheefag
    Participant

You should probably leave soon Hugh.

asteve76
    Participant

I realise that this area is usually extremely busy, even when there’s no roadworks, but surely, with properly controlled management, traffic should still flow relatively smoothly.
    Sadly this doesn’t seem to be the case.
    Only a few months ago, I was waiting to be picked up by my brother from the Countess of Chester hospital. From the end of the A483 by-pass, where the old roundabout was, to the main entrance of the hospital, took him almost exactly one hour!
    A distance of only 4.8 miles.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News