A483 Roadworks at Ruthin Road

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 Roadworks at Ruthin Road

• Author

DaveW
    Participant

Is anyone else fed up with these flippin roadworks by now ?

How much longer will they go on Wrexham Highways?

The time it has taken to sort this and the queues it causes at rush hour are totally unacceptable by now. Is it just one man and his dog working on this bridge or what ?

Is this really good enough for the town that wanted to become a city ????

GET IT SORTED !

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

On going until May according to the update recently posted by wrexham.com. No joy in sight I’m afraid to say.

wxm
    Participant

This is bad for trade, and bad for the community. Other localities expedite these works, including faster methods, and out of normal hours and weekend working. Its costing a fortune for business vehicles to sit in this, and in petrol for people who live around the town and have to travel through this (not to mention picking the kids up). Why is this not sorted out now? Why wait until May?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have heard, through the rumour mill, that the repair work is more extensive than was first thought so will take longer than was expected. I have no idea if this is true though.

lazyjack
    Participant

I think the current bad weather has also highlighted how ridiculous it is to carry out so much roadwork, especially on the scale of the A483 job, at this time of year.

Come on WCBC, there must be someone within the highways/planning dept with an ounce of common sense, try using it.

wxm
    Participant

Highway repairs in other parts of the country have been reduced to one half or a third of the time through different and advanced techniques and better working, including going around the clock. Road works like this drive people away from the area, generate a bad reputation, and reduce the esteem of local people … in accepting this standard, we become less competitive in business, less attractive as a residential offering, and like our schools under-performing suggest that we don’t take pride in our community. Looks like previous compliments that I wrote about our highways are wrong

djrus
    Participant

Well over the original target of 6 weeks and the bridge before it needs work could be set for y the summer!

Chris
    Participant

Its nothing to do with the council this time I’m afraid. This is run by the Welsh assembly hence no localish contractors involved

wxm
    Participant

The WG run the A55 to time, so they can do the same with the A483?

Born Acorn
    Participant

The council’s not to blame this time; the A483 is owned and operated by the Welsh Assembly through the Trunk Road Agency, although the council can be subcontracted for the usual maintenance tasks (grass cutting, gritting etc).

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News