A483 Pinchpoint Chester/Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 Pinchpoint Chester/Wrexham

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Likely to be 20-25,000 extra houses up there as they fill up the green belt.

pnw__1346233264_Chester_green_belt_release.jpg

I wonder if these developments are being factored into the developments in wrexham and associated demand.

Sheefag
    Participant

@miserableoldbugger 18769 wrote:

We’ve just been told that they now intend to work 24 hours a day to get the job finished by March.
    Does it not beg the question “Why the bloody hell they did not do that from the start”?
    Come on Sheepfag – lets have some words of wisdom
    ;)

Because it would be an extra cost outside of the original tender agreement.
    I think you’ll find the Highways Agency are quietly stumping up the extra money.
    I guess you were too angry to work that out.

moggsie
    Participant

This has been spurred on by the current lights failure at Pulford.

If a member of the general public obstructed the highway to the extent that now happens regularly on this road, I wonder if they would be prosecuted ?

I would love to see the Highways Agency brought to task over this.

Listening out there Mr. Lucas ?

AMA Express
    Participant

You’ve got as much chance as you have
    of seeing a real one of these.

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp-COVo4ZIzfz1DjaDIR3eNVtRIde9KQISg6Wan4igbHBPMHX1GA[/IMG]

moggsie
    Participant

Quote from @wrexham

“UPDATE 8:10pm: Cheshire Police have said they have ‘officers in the area’ in the last twenty minutes, with one person saying they had reported the issue to North Wales Police and they had referred it to Cheshire. Cheshire Police have earlier said they have made the Highways Agency aware of the problems.”

Cheshire/NWP…when exactly ??

Please put all cynics like me in our rightful place by telling us you contacted the HA within 1 hour at least !!

johnhoppy
    Participant

The Highways Agency obviously do not care how much chaos and inconvenience is caused. Anyone with access to the AA/Google Maps/Radio Wales/Radio Merseyside/ Wrexham.com knew perfectly well that something had gone radically wrong at that junction today, and yet they needed to be advised by the Police of the problem…Really??!!

Unfortunately the Highways Agency are not alone in their inertia to keep traffic moving. In the event of an accident the police have no qualms about closing major roads for hours on end. I appreciate that it is necessary to find out the cause of accidents, but with the modern technology available today (digital cameras, laser measuring devices etc) it is doubtful that it is necessary to keep roads closed for as long as they do. Don’t get me started on the subject of councils closing off lanes for miles to cut the grass (coming to a road near us soon).

Is it that they all don’t care?

Darlofan
    Participant

@johnhoppy 19183 wrote:

The Highways Agency obviously do not care how much chaos and inconvenience is caused. Anyone with access to the AA/Google Maps/Radio Wales/Radio Merseyside/ Wrexham.com knew perfectly well that something had gone radically wrong at that junction today, and yet they needed to be advised by the Police of the problem…Really??!!

Unfortunately the Highways Agency are not alone in their inertia to keep traffic moving. In the event of an accident the police have no qualms about closing major roads for hours on end. I appreciate that it is necessary to find out the cause of accidents, but with the modern technology available today (digital cameras, laser measuring devices etc) it is doubtful that it is necessary to keep roads closed for as long as they do. Don’t get me started on the subject of councils closing off lanes for miles to cut the grass (coming to a road near us soon).

Is it that they all don’t care?

Totally agree about silly lane closures. I was thinking the same earlier today on the A55 coming up the Rhuallt hill. On the left is the stone (mini) cliffs where they cut the road out of. On that cliff there was 3or4 guys on ropes inspecting/working on the cliff edges. Now they were 20-30ft up in the air and metres behind the safety barrier yet some bright spark decided the inside lane needed coning off from the bottom of the hill to the top. Absolutely no need as the guys were climbing from the top not the bottom and in the unfortunate event of one falling he’d still be behind the barrier and well away from the road.

wid9999
    Participant

@moggsie 19177 wrote:

Quote from @wrexham

“UPDATE 8:10pm: Cheshire Police have said they have ‘officers in the area’ in the last twenty minutes, with one person saying they had reported the issue to North Wales Police and they had referred it to Cheshire. Cheshire Police have earlier said they have made the Highways Agency aware of the problems.”

Cheshire/NWP…when exactly ??

Please put all cynics like me in our rightful place by telling us you contacted the HA within 1 hour at least !!

I called the Highways Agency at 17:16hrs on 0300 123 5000. Spoke to someone who didn’t have a clue about roads and despite several attempts to explain “where the A483 meets A55” .. he kept repeating “…so the problem is on the A4 and A5?”. After waiting on the call for 5mins i ended up repeating the issue and downing the phone!
    You try to be a fair citizen and report issues, then left on the phone paying for it.
    And during this time, the workmen in the area ignored the massive traffic build up.

I was luckier than some to be fair as I was in the earlier part of it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News