A483 Pinchpoint Chester/Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 Pinchpoint Chester/Wrexham

• Author

brymbo76
    Participant

It would still be nice since my 1st post if anyone could share their views and experiences of the roadworks and road closures and other problems they have encountered with me on this and reply to my questions:

Why can’t the road be reopened in the morning on time like it’s supposed to at 5am?
    What’s the delay?
    Does anyone know how late after 5am the road has reopened?
    Has anyone else experienced the junction still being closed well after 5am?

Why can’t there be warnings further back as to if the junction has been reopened before I get there?
    Or some other information the night before online or something?

If I knew before setting out in the morning if the road has reopened, I could simply just set off a bit earlier and head towards the A550/A55 instead of heading towards the A483.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone else with similar experiences as myself and their thoughts and views.

Thank You.

moggsie
    Participant

@31.

Short of us all clubbing together & posting a midnight vigil to spy on these Balfour Beatty guys & video them, the only way you’ll get any intel is by pressuring your MP to bring them to task.

I’m not exactly blaming the actual workers on site of course. I/We have no hard facts.

Sorry

justjojo2011
    Participant

There are many reasons why the road isn’t open at 5am as it should be, including delays in doing whatever work they were doing, that could be caused by a team member going home ill, an accident on site, issues with materials, the list is endless. Short of standing with them all night and taking notes of what is going on, we won’t know and honestly, not sure of how much an issue it needs to be.

The job of the workmen are to do whatever they are doing to the road, not to accomodate your requirements in terms of getting to Chester. If in doubt, leave early anyway and go another way

@brymbo76 18539 wrote:

It would still be nice since my 1st post if anyone could share their views and experiences of the roadworks and road closures and other problems they have encountered with me on this and reply to my questions:

Why can’t the road be reopened in the morning on time like it’s supposed to at 5am?
    What’s the delay?
    Does anyone know how late after 5am the road has reopened?
    Has anyone else experienced the junction still being closed well after 5am?

Why can’t there be warnings further back as to if the junction has been reopened before I get there?
    Or some other information the night before online or something?

If I knew before setting out in the morning if the road has reopened, I could simply just set off a bit earlier and head towards the A550/A55 instead of heading towards the A483.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone else with similar experiences as myself and their thoughts and views.

Thank You.

dagg
    Participant

We have had a good winter, ie. no heavy snow, so I think they are doing well.

justjojo2011
    Participant

Agreed.

They are doing major works on that road and surrounding areas, you HAVE to expect delays. What I don’t get is people are well aware of the situation and yet every day they go back and sit in it lol

@dagg 18549 wrote:

We have had a good winter, ie. no heavy snow, so I think they are doing well.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@justjojo2011 18559 wrote:

Agreed.

They are doing major works on that road and surrounding areas, you HAVE to expect delays. What I don’t get is people are well aware of the situation and yet every day they go back and sit in it lol

I don’t think its quite as simple as that. The alternative routes are chaotic because there are so many people looking for different way to get to and from Chester, and consequently you end up sitting in your car going nowhere whichever way you go.

zinger
    Participant

Feel sorry for the people working in the business park.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I wonder how many of those people actually NEED to get to Chester? How many just want to go shopping?

How many are going through Fardon? How many are going through Dobshill?
    How many are heading off towards Mold and then cutting back?

My eldest came from Chester yesterday lunch time. Came through Farndon and Atherton.. Took less han half an hour to get through. At the same time, people were complaining about queues of traffic. MOre than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

@johnhoppy 18564 wrote:

I don’t think its quite as simple as that. The alternative routes are chaotic because there are so many people looking for different way to get to and from Chester, and consequently you end up sitting in your car going nowhere whichever way you go.

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

We’ve just been told that they now intend to work 24 hours a day to get the job finished by March.
    Does it not beg the question “Why the bloody hell they did not do that from the start”?
    Come on Sheepfag – lets have some words of wisdom
    ;)

Simon
    Participant

re people working on the Business Park.

I have it on good authority that Redrow have been given the go-ahead to build 1100 new homes and a pub opposite the Business Park. How’s that going to help rush hour traffic!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News