Participant

@EternalOptimist 18081 wrote:

This is off the HA website:

“What are the benefits?
    As part of the pinch point programme, this scheme aims to:

– help reduce daily congestion FAIL
    – reduce journey times for the travelling public FAIL
    – boost the economy FAIL
    – improve safety. Unsafe in the first place?

What a load of crap. “Boost the economy”? laughable. Although, saying that, due to our crazy economic system, any kind of activity creates ‘growth’, and GDP goes up. If you employed 50% of the population to dig random holes, and then the other 50% to fill them back in, just like magic GDP would go up, and hey presto, ‘growth!’.

“improve safety”. How, exactly? I’ve been using that route for over 10 years every day, and never felt ‘unsafe’.

Anyway, rant over. Not much point, the post house roundabout has always been a nightmare at rush hour, and will remain so. So no change, other than the national debt increased by 5.2m. Might be worth emailing them though ([email protected]), to enquire about how they calculated the ‘benefits’ above.

The only reason it is failing at the moment is because they are still working on the modifications. The time to complain is when it road works are finished, and it is still gridlocked.

Ferret
    Participant

@EternalOptimist 18081 wrote:

This is off the HA website:

“What are the benefits?
    As part of the pinch point programme, this scheme aims to:

– help reduce daily congestion FAIL
    – reduce journey times for the travelling public FAIL
    – boost the economy FAIL
    – improve safety. Unsafe in the first place?

What a load of crap. “Boost the economy”? laughable. Although, saying that, due to our crazy economic system, any kind of activity creates ‘growth’, and GDP goes up. If you employed 50% of the population to dig random holes, and then the other 50% to fill them back in, just like magic GDP would go up, and hey presto, ‘growth!’.

“improve safety”. How, exactly? I’ve been using that route for over 10 years every day, and never felt ‘unsafe’.

Anyway, rant over. Not much point, the post house roundabout has always been a nightmare at rush hour, and will remain so. So no change, other than the national debt increased by 5.2m. Might be worth emailing them though ([email protected]), to enquire about how they calculated the ‘benefits’ above.

You sure you chose the right username?

wxmlad
    Participant

It would be very helpful if they posted delay notices on the roads aproaching the delays or on exit slip roads. That way people would not get trapped with no escape.

There again why should they as it’s only people aproaching from north Wales!:rolleyes:

justjojo2011
    Participant

It’s great. I don’t drive so don’t get stuck in the traffic, but I get stuck in the bus station and at bus stops waiting for buses to get my son to and from school. Obviously not the fault of the buses but in this weather, with a 15 week old and a disability, it’s not good to be spending an hour in a bus stop.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Not really interested in this thread, just wanted the top 5 posts!!

Sheefag
    Participant

@wxmlad 18089 wrote:

It would be very helpful if they posted delay notices on the roads aproaching the delays or on exit slip roads. That way people would not get trapped with no escape.

There again why should they as it’s only people aproaching from north Wales!:rolleyes:

Oh you poor victim you.

Ann
    Participant

Just want to add another frustrated voice to the throng that think the Posthouse changes are going to make matters worse. I’m all for being optimistic but how can anyone think replacing a roundabout with two sets of light will improve that part of the journey. Granted the roundabout was too small for the job and the A483 approaches for a while could have been made into three lanes, in my opinion! Of course its going to be rough on us commuters while they do the next stage of adding extra lanes to Porthouse roundabout its self. Im not sure that part of the journey was ever the main issue. I always believed it was the approaches at the small roundabout but I’m not there all the time so cant comment too much. I just feel there would have been better options than what they have decided on – i wish us all good luck and i hope us complainers are wrong and it’ll all be lovely. If there is a dedicated site that people are contacting to add there concerns then please let me know. Thanks.

wid9999
    Participant

But there is good news ….. At least there will be a foot bridge for all those pedestrians we see around there to cross the A55.
    They must be so relieved…. one, two people a week maybe!
    A continuous left lane to North Wales would be appreciated more to take some traffic away.

brymbo76
    Participant

I work in Runcorn 2/5 days a week alternate weeks and start work 6am so I usually set off before 5:10am at the latest and can normally arrive by 5:45-5:50am.
    Therefore by the time I get to the A483/B5102 junction, at around 5:15am, that junction should have already reopened by then.

But on 3 separate occasions, it was still closed off at the slip road with no sign of the workmen reopening it.
    The first couple of times were sometime before the Christmas break. The first of which I took the diversion through Hope on the A550. The second time I took the chance of turning right off the slip road and going down the B5445 through Pulford and luckily the Pulford roundabout as it was still then had reopened.

But this Tuesday, 27th January, Junction 7 again hadn’t reopened so had to come off the slip road and thought I would again take the chance like many other vehicles by turning right for Rossett and head for the Pulford junction.
    But on this occasion, that road was still closed.
    Some cars turned all the way back to the diversion but I was not going to try driving all the way back on myself all the way to Junction 7 and through Hope so what I would’ve done the second time if the Pulford roundabout hadn’t reopened, I would’ve headed down Rake Lane and headed towards Chester via Eccleston and Handbridge.

So I took that route this Tuesday but it took 50 minutes to go that way but probably would’ve been longer any other way.

Why can’t the road be reopened in the morning on time like it’s supposed to at 5am?
    What’s the delay?
    Does anyone know how late after 5am the road has reopened?
    Has anyone else experienced the junction still being closed well after 5am?

Why can’t there be warnings further back as to if the junction has been reopened before I get there?
    Or some other information the night before online or something?

If I knew before setting out in the morning if the road has reopened, I could simply just set off a bit earlier and head towards the A550/A55 instead of heading towards the A483.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone else with similar experiences as myself and their thoughts and views.

Thank You.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

@brymbo76 18378 wrote:

I work in Runcorn 2/5 days a week alternate weeks and start work 6am so I usually set off before 5:10am at the latest and can normally arrive by 5:45-5:50am.
    Therefore by the time I get to the A483/B5102 junction, at around 5:15am, that junction should have already reopened by then.

But on 3 separate occasions, it was still closed off at the slip road with no sign of the workmen reopening it.
    The first couple of times were sometime before the Christmas break. The first of which I took the diversion through Hope on the A550. The second time I took the chance of turning right off the slip road and going down the B5445 through Pulford and luckily the Pulford roundabout as it was still then had reopened.

But this Tuesday, 27th January, Junction 7 again hadn’t reopened so had to come off the slip road and thought I would again take the chance like many other vehicles by turning right for Rossett and head for the Pulford junction.
    But on this occasion, that road was still closed.
    Some cars turned all the way back to the diversion but I was not going to try driving all the way back on myself all the way to Junction 7 and through Hope so what I would’ve done the second time if the Pulford roundabout hadn’t reopened, I would’ve headed down Rake Lane and headed towards Chester via Eccleston and Handbridge.

So I took that route this Tuesday but it took 50 minutes to go that way but probably would’ve been longer any other way.

Why can’t the road be reopened in the morning on time like it’s supposed to at 5am?
    What’s the delay?
    Does anyone know how late after 5am the road has reopened?
    Has anyone else experienced the junction still being closed well after 5am?

Why can’t there be warnings further back as to if the junction has been reopened before I get there?
    Or some other information the night before online or something?

If I knew before setting out in the morning if the road has reopened, I could simply just set off a bit earlier and head towards the A550/A55 instead of heading towards the A483.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone else with similar experiences as myself and their thoughts and views.

Thank You.

What a waste of characters!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News