A483 Pinchpoint Chester/Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 Pinchpoint Chester/Wrexham

• Author

zagibluecat
    Participant

What a joke. £5.3 million on the farcical solution to a problem the Highways Agency knew about around 10 years ago. With the introduction of the Chester Business Park, more traffic was going to be pushed through the already stretched interchange between the A483 and the A55. Solution to this, get some of the Business Park Businesses to fund a “Slip Road”. Wow.

Now, let me get onto the the current state of affairs. Before and changes are made to a road layout, traffic surveys are completed. When did they do this? Well let me tell you. The surveys were completed 2 years ago during the school summer holidays when the traffic was considerably lighter.

I travel from Wrexham to Runcorn most days and I have now chosen to add an extra 10 miles to my commute per day by going through Hope/Higher Kinnerton and then on to Deeside.

I will guarantee that when the work is complete on the pinch point, it will make NO difference at all and it will probably end up, a whole lot worse!

Discuss………

Sheefag
    Participant

@zagibluecat 18048 wrote:

I will guarantee that when the work is complete on the pinch point, it will make NO difference at all and it will probably end up, a whole lot worse!

Discuss………

Shame they never asked you really.

Darlofan
    Participant

Only way this will be sorted is to build flyovers round onto the 55 so only chester traffic hits the roundabout. We all know it’ll happen in about 10 years time. I too started avoiding it a few years ago by driving through hope etc. Now moved into Flintshire so happily it doesn’t affect me anymore!

moggsie
    Participant

@Darlofan 18053 wrote:

Only way this will be sorted is to build flyovers round onto the 55 so only chester traffic hits the roundabout.

…which will cause us just the same trouble we’re in now. Roadworks / lane closures spell trouble.

Spent 2 hrs 20 minutes today on what is normally a 25 minute journey.

I wonder if the Highways Agency really believe that people are prepared to put up with this scale of disruption for 6-7 weeks ?

Will people switch to alternate routes, with the result that the A483 is usable again and all the alternatives are now swamped ??

What larks eh ?

EternalOptimist
    Participant

No issue with road works causing temporary pain, IF the final outcome improves the problem. In this case, seems a lot of temporary pain for almost certainly no benefit afterwards. I’m no highways engineer, but I just cannot see how three sets of traffic lights in place of one set, will improve the ‘pinch point’. Surely the whole point of the works was to mitigate the pinch point? Seems bizarre.

moggsie
    Participant

follow the money

Sheefag
    Participant

@EternalOptimist 18066 wrote:

I’m no highways engineer……

The thread starter ‘zagibluecat’ is, ask him, ask him anything.

DaveW
    Participant

Yes, we’re all very sceptical how these roadworks will improve matters for anyone travelling north on the A483 at rush hour 7:30 to 9:30 !

Wrexham MP Ian Lucas I believe said the only option for these A483 travellers who then wish use the A55 is a dedicated link from the A483 to the A55 Eastbound. Looking at the information provided from Cheshire highways etc this is not going to happen. Instead one roundabout will be replaced by two new additional sets of lights.

This will still mean mega holdups at the Post House roundabout due to all the A55 traffic coming off to go to Chester Business Park or now plus the odd traffic wanting to turn across the A483 towards Rough Hill.

It will be an expensive waste of money and an ongoing source of frustration for all of us who travel from south of Chester and outside Cheshire !!!!!!!!!!!!!

beedar
    Participant

And then they’ll re – do it with no apology whatsover

EternalOptimist
    Participant

This is off the HA website:

“What are the benefits?
    As part of the pinch point programme, this scheme aims to:

– help reduce daily congestion FAIL
    – reduce journey times for the travelling public FAIL
    – boost the economy FAIL
    – improve safety. Unsafe in the first place?

What a load of crap. “Boost the economy”? laughable. Although, saying that, due to our crazy economic system, any kind of activity creates ‘growth’, and GDP goes up. If you employed 50% of the population to dig random holes, and then the other 50% to fill them back in, just like magic GDP would go up, and hey presto, ‘growth!’.

“improve safety”. How, exactly? I’ve been using that route for over 10 years every day, and never felt ‘unsafe’.

Anyway, rant over. Not much point, the post house roundabout has always been a nightmare at rush hour, and will remain so. So no change, other than the national debt increased by 5.2m. Might be worth emailing them though ([email protected]), to enquire about how they calculated the ‘benefits’ above.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News