A483 LITTER ISSUE.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 LITTER ISSUE.

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Read a post on here just recently about the litter issue on the A483, and have today travelled the road to Chester and back to Wrexham. I must admit to having done this run many times, and not really payed much attention to the verges at either side, or indeed the central verges. Its just unbelievable, the amount of plastic, bags, cellophane and general rubbish on the verges and in the hedgerows. Check it out next time you make this trip. This is not a recent development, and I cannot image its debris jettisoned from cars, this needs an urgent and concentrated campaign to clean this stretch of highway up. who’s area of responsability would such an issue fall under? A fine impression it’s going to present to the droves from all over the North West, that will be flocking to visit Ty Pawb in the very near future, both people will be disgusted.

Matt
    Participant

Of course Cllr Jones tweetshouted at the Highways Agency about it last night taking a leaf out of the Trump political playbook rather than actually getting on the phone to them and seeing if something could be done about it. I’m pretty sure they’d take an executive board member of the local council like that seriously if the right communication channels were used. The Twitter option just seems like a way to invoke public outrage, rather than get something done. Just my personal opinion though, who knows.

jimbow
    Participant

Councillor Hugh Jones tweeted about this yesterday. He represents Rossett which borders the A483. Where has he been till now? Unless of course Ty Pawb takes up all his time.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=144118]Read a post on here just recently about the litter issue on the A483, and have today travelled the road to Chester and back to Wrexham. I must admit to having done this run many times, and not really payed much attention to the verges at either side, or indeed the central verges. Its just unbelievable, the amount of plastic, bags, cellophane and general rubbish on the verges and in the hedgerows. Check it out next time you make this trip. This is not a recent development, and I cannot image its debris jettisoned from cars, this needs an urgent and concentrated campaign to clean this stretch of highway up. who’s area of responsability would such an issue fall under? A fine impression it’s going to present to the droves from all over the North West, that will be flocking to visit Ty Pawb in the very near future, both people will be disgusted.[/quote]

I think you will find that the rubbish is just thrown out of car windows, seen it many many times, sadly people don’t care as long as it is out of their way !

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not so sure its the general public that’s causing this. I was following a refuse wagon that obviously had a badly fitting ‘roof’ as the plastic was pouring out of the top. Surely more regulation of waste transport would help!!

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=146313] Surely more regulation of waste transport would help!![/quote]

More regulations are of no use if there’s nobody to enforce them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree but there must be something that can be done? A simple example – make sure the carriers of the large waste skips have solid tops rather than ill-fitting nets that let the waste blow everywhere. who manages this process? Who can be contacted??

MP1953
    Participant

Hears a novel idea use all the cameras they have up and down to give out fines for littering as well as for speeding, or instead some would say:)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whilst some of the debris is indeed materials jettisoned from car windows.If you pay attention to the crap that is now partially concealed in the hedgerows you can see bits of crash barriers, reflective chevron markers and general construction debris. To me this is a reflection of letting developers, construction teams and private sector companies do what they like , to no measured or controlled standard.A similar scenario to the Virgin media fiasco. The issues encountered with the Virgin project should surely have been picked up by a clerk of works or council inspector, not left to chance.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News