A483 A55 Junction Changes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

@Taffy 14697 wrote:

Couldn’t/Didn’t see anything about over night closures on the signs this morning. I did notice a camera has been set up on the flyover between the Llay turn off and the Post House end. Maybe to monitor traffic?

I join at Jct3 and signs at jct 4 and 6. Believe camera is on bridge to monitor traffic build up and then warnings will be flashed on temp sign in the closed layby just before Rossett jct.
    What I’m worried about is if traffic builds up past Rossett jct the speed van’s takings will be down considerably😉

moggsie
    Participant

@Taffy 14697 wrote:

Couldn’t/Didn’t see anything about over night closures on the signs this morning. I did notice a camera has been set up on the flyover between the Llay turn off and the Post House end. Maybe to monitor traffic?

In addition to the one you mention ( the portable yellow pole ? ), have you seen the new 2nd camera on the Burton bridge pointing south ?

I would like to think that this is going to be used to monitor flow as part of the new roadworks, but this looks like a SpeedSpike to me. I think there’s a buddy camera on the opposite side of the bridge pointing north.

I don’t speed for a number of good reasons, but be careful everyone if it does turn out to be a SpeedSpike.

Taffy
    Participant

@moggsie 14701 wrote:

In addition to the one you mention ( the portable yellow pole ? ), have you seen the new 2nd camera on the Burton bridge pointing south ?

I would like to think that this is going to be used to monitor flow as part of the new roadworks, but this looks like a SpeedSpike to me. I think there’s a buddy camera on the opposite side of the bridge pointing north.

I don’t speed for a number of good reasons, but be careful everyone if it does turn out to be a SpeedSpike.

Yes I noticed the other camera on the way home yesterday.

Taffy
    Participant

@Danielkg 14698 wrote:

Bizarre – the signs have been there a few days now – driving that way in half an hour; will check as the signs are huge – mind you if you’re getting on the by-pass from the Rossett turn off then there are no signs after there until you reach the roundabout

Had a “proper” read of signs this morning and noticed the bit about the closures.

Liam
    Participant

@moggsie 14701 wrote:

Looks more like the ANPRs which have been cropping up all over the shop ahead of the phasing out of car tax discs.

moggsie
    Participant

SpeedSpike speed cameras explained and how they work

…instead its black.

( New speed cameras trap motorists from space on trial in UK | Mail Online – to be clear, I’m not a Mail reader !!!)

Do speed cams have to be Yellow ( they’re not on the M1/M25 ) ?

Multi-purpose use maybe ?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News