A483 A55 Junction Changes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Plans are out in this article First Look At A483 / A55 Junction Changes | Wrexham.com

a55-a483-bypass-end-500x519.png

It appears it will be major works, but no ‘side lane’ off to the A55 as was mooted initially.

Andy
    Participant

£5.3 million just to remove a roundabout and install traffic lights. How much would a proper motorway junction cost?

beedar
    Participant

What a waste of time and money, all this so called improvement will do is make it ten times worse

johnhoppy
    Participant

@beedar 12748 wrote:

What a waste of time and money, all this so called improvement will do is make it ten times worse

Its difficult to see that the removal of the roundabout and replacing it with two sets of traffic lights will make the situation any better.

moggsie
    Participant

@beedar 12748 wrote:

Wonder if our excellent highways people ever thought about designing a contract that allowed an agent ( Balfours ) to generate additional returns ( or better still fewer penalties ) if new schemes were actually PROVED to reduce congestion ?

Then again, I guess the stats can always be managed to produce the desired outcome.

Just make sure the traffic lights work eh !
    ( I’m not even confident they’ll manage that )

Rob
    Participant

One good suggestion I have seen is to get rough hill to link with the new junction to save the second set of lights.

moggsie
    Participant

Here’s my actual point I guess…

I just get the feeling that traffic lights seem to fail these days far more than they ever used to. Ruthin Rd / A483 Jctn are particulary dodgy I feel.

Imagine the chaos at the Old Rd / A483 Jctn if these ever decide to play up ?

rob1williams
    Participant

I use this junction every day. in my opinion, if the junction had been by the Deeside Industrial Estate, we would have had direct access from the A483 to A55 and vice versa. Its a short term solution for what will be a nightmare in the long term.

DavidB
    Participant

One thing I think they are doing wrong on the proposed plans is the addition of a right turn +lights at the “rough hill ” junction. Surely it would be better to direct this “side road” to access the new Pulford “lights ” junction, modify this set to give a right turn from Chester, thus cutting out one set of lights between this and the main A55 roundabout.

Darlofan
    Participant

@rob1williams 12760 wrote:

I use this junction every day. in my opinion, if the junction had been by the Deeside Industrial Estate, we would have had direct access from the A483 to A55 and vice versa. Its a short term solution for what will be a nightmare in the long term.

That’s what I’ve been saying for 7 years of using the junction, bizarrely years ago they put a link lane from Posthouse direction straight round left onto 55 but they’re not doing it for us going from Wrexham to the 55!! Another couple of years and we’ll be sitting here saying it’s still congested. I think the only winners here will be those coming from Rossett direction at 5pm rush hour as it’s a nightmare for them to get out of there.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News