A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

• Author

Taffy
    Participant

@dagg 17733 wrote:

Is the Wrexham-Chester bypass ok now in the mornings (Chester end) have not seen any reports on here for a couple of days.

The Chester bound carriageway was backed up just after 7 am most mornings last week.

moggsie
    Participant

…and lasts for sure until 09:30. No idea after that. It “appears” to be worse now than before the new arrangement.

Animal Mother
    Participant

@moggsie 17736 wrote:

…and lasts for sure until 09:30. No idea after that. It “appears” to be worse now than before the new arrangement.

It does appear that way, however, the timings on the traffic lights aren’t ideal as they are only a temporary arrangement.

I’ve noticed the hatched markings catching many people out too. People moving into the hatching will cause a lot of problems for those coming from the Rossett direction.

moggsie
    Participant

@Animal Mother 18396 wrote:

I’ve noticed the hatched markings catching many people out too. People moving into the hatching will cause a lot of problems for those coming from the Rossett direction.

And vice versa no doubt. I’ve seen a large van ( that came from the Pulford road ) straddled across the southbound junction, blocking all Chester > Wrexham south bound traffic. Potential gridlock there.

p.s. I must be blind or maybe colour blind…I see no cross hatching as yet.

Animal Mother
    Participant

@moggsie 18397 wrote:

p.s. I must be blind or maybe colour blind…I see no cross hatching as yet.

It is Northbound at the second set of lights.

pete
    Participant

Have the roadworks finished yet?

I’ve got back from holiday and they were due to be finished a few days ago, and was looking forward to them being gone when I went back to work, but having seen the article on Wrexham.com about the temporary lights breaking in guessing they’re nowhere near finished?

Those temporary traffic lights never seem to have worked properly every since they were put up, and seemed to spend most of the time on red anyway.

Null
    Participant

Weren’t they always scheduled to be finished end of March, not end of February?

So they still have another four and a bit weeks.

Taffy
    Participant

@pete 19381 wrote:

Have the roadworks finished yet?

No. The end of March is when they are due to be finished.

NJones
    Participant

@Taffy 19386 wrote:

No. The end of March is when they are due to be finished.

Unfortunately they have just announced that the roadworks will need an extra 6 weeks to complete, and the hope to finish end of May.
    A483: Roadworks at Posthouse roundabout set to take an extra six weeks to complete – Daily Post

wrexview
    Participant

Not sure the “adverse weather” argument is valid , this has been a relatively mild, snow and frost free winter. When deciding how long the works would take there must have been some leeway for winter conditions included.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News