A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

• Author

Animal Mother
    Participant

@AMA Express 17377 wrote:

Nope. :)

Don’t talk wet. It’s as bad as it has always been and doesn’t look like it’s going to improve due to these “improvements”.

AMA Express
    Participant

Ooooooooo……………You’re scarey! ;)

Sheefag
    Participant

@Animal Mother 17571 wrote:

I’m going to hunt you down like a dog and then I’m going to rip yo……..

@AMA Express 17573 wrote:

Ooooooooo……………You’re scarey! ;)

She’s just having a bad day, maybe she’s in Rhos.

wid9999
    Participant

I’m staying positive about these junction changes as I hope things improve in the long term. I’m not totally convinced but I don’t think it will be worse.
    However, I do have two queries which I can’t seem to answer looking at the information… anyone any ideas….

1) There is no mention of an ‘additional continual lane’ going from the A483 Westbound onto A55 .. but there is mention of some general lane changes. Does anyone know what is happening there? I appreciate the majority traffic is going Eastbound, but it would still help and would seem obvious?

2) Who are the people looking to cross the A55 on a footbridge? I don’t think I have ever seen pedestrians around there? The need to install one?

Any reasonable comments or thoughts?
    Thanks

Animal Mother
    Participant

@Sheefag 17574 wrote:

She’s just having a bad day, maybe she’s in Rhos.

Hmm, not sure why you’re misquoting me. :rolleyes:

Also, I’m not a she. ;)

Animal Mother
    Participant

@wid9999 17588 wrote:

I’m staying positive about these junction changes as I hope things improve in the long term. I’m not totally convinced but I don’t think it will be worse.
    However, I do have two queries which I can’t seem to answer looking at the information… anyone any ideas….

1) There is no mention of an ‘additional continual lane’ going from the A483 Westbound onto A55 .. but there is mention of some general lane changes. Does anyone know what is happening there? I appreciate the majority traffic is going Eastbound, but it would still help and would seem obvious?

2) Who are the people looking to cross the A55 on a footbridge? I don’t think I have ever seen pedestrians around there? The need to install one?

Any reasonable comments or thoughts?
    Thanks

1) Dunno, sorry.

2) I’ve seen the odd jogger and cyclist but only on rare occasions.

swatty
    Participant

@wid9999 17588 wrote:

The Highways agency MUST provide the ability for all forms of transport to travel a route (including what they describe as Non-Motorised Users). So they need the bridge so people, bikes, horses etc can cross the A55 if required as the (very small) pavements/verges will disapear from the roundabout

moggsie
    Participant

Not related to the above, but am I correct in thinking that the temporary traffic lights on the Wrexham Road roundabout are not synch’d correctly. Seems to be that both the Pulford Rd ( B5445) & A483 sets are on Red simultaneously way too long ?

wid9999
    Participant

Thanks Swatty .. I did wonder if it’s a “must do” type of exercise …

Moggsie.. You are right I suspect. As they are temporary lights I don’t believe there is any intelligence in them and this I suspect is the whole reason for the current delays. I don’t understand why they haven’t been put under manual control at the peak times at least. On a basic timer they do not know how many cars are waiting at a junction so cars are left waiting unnecessarily at times.

Its funny how Wrexham.com and Leaderliver.co.uk are quoting the start of the new phase as being the issue. There is no evidence of this new phase yet. This issue is that the temp lights were placed there just before xmas while traffic was light.

The lights are required, but need some help at peak times!

dagg
    Participant

Is the Wrexham-Chester bypass ok now in the mornings (Chester end) have not seen any reports on here for a couple of days.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News