A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

• Author

Rob
    Participant

There are now speed restrictions on sections due to barrier removal and actual work taking place.

These seem to be in place all the time, so it will be interesting to see if that has any affect on daytime traffic.

Taffy
    Participant

I noticed this morning that the sign at the Post House end of the A483 states that overnight closures will be for 3 months….wasn’t it 6 months originally?

Darlofan
    Participant

@Taffy 15504 wrote:

I noticed this morning that the sign at the Post House end of the A483 states that overnight closures will be for 3 months….wasn’t it 6 months originally?

I’ve seen that too. I have posted earlier about each sign being different. I’m not sure they actually know what’s happening yet!!

pete
    Participant

Now that they have dug all the soil away from the central reservation, I thought it was interesting that there was already a long right turn filter lane under the grass complete with road markings!

Maybe they are going to give this bit of road a wash and reuse it, hence the work now only taking 3 months ;)

Does anyone have any photos of what the junction used to look like before the current layout? Were there traffic lights there before?

MP1953
    Participant

@pete 15554 wrote:

Now that they have dug all the soil away from the central reservation, I thought it was interesting that there was already a long right turn filter lane under the grass complete with road markings!

Maybe they are going to give this bit of road a wash and reuse it, hence the work now only taking 3 months ;)

Does anyone have any photos of what the junction used to look like before the current layout? Were there traffic lights there before?

There were never any traffic lights there.

Darlofan
    Participant

@pete 15554 wrote:

I’ve noticed that too. Interesting how that bit that’s been buried under soil and grass is in better condition than the road itself!!
    I’ve been using that road for 8years now and don’t remember that filter lane being there. Can only assume there were accidents caused by cars crossing so they blocked it up forcing cars to go around the roundabout and back.

Taffy
    Participant

2nd night running and they are closing the A483 at the Llay off slip at 20:30.

Liam
    Participant

@Taffy 15634 wrote:

2nd night running and they are closing the A483 at the Llay off slip at 20:30.

I hit the Posthouse at 8ish and they were already starting to shut that off by the looks of it.

moggsie
    Participant

One more day to finish Phase 1. Wonder if they’ll make it in time??

Furthermore, I wonder if BB have to pay any penalties ?

Danielkg
    Participant

Did they complete phase 1 on time?
    I’ve not been that way since last week when I thought they were miles away from it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Natural Resources Wales supporting ‘No Mow May’ campaign to protect pollinators

News

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News