A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

There are too many signs all along the 483 at the moment from Rhostyllen Jct to LLay Jct. All conflict each other, some say lane closures(I suspect for grass cutting), others state 483 closed for 6 months over night and the couple that have cropped up over the last week state overnight closures for 17th on one and 18th on another(these ones I suspect are slip road closures only, like Gresford one last night, although the sign doesn’t say sliproad only).

The big sign at the end of the Gresford on slip towards Chester, if anyone can read all that information in one pass you’re driving too slowly:D

Hugh Jordan
    Participant

For your info, I travelled last Thursday morning approx 07h00 from Wrexham via Penyffordd and Queensferry and had no problems at all getting onto the M56.

Thanks to those who suggested routes – I hope this update will help others.

Darlofan
    Participant

Hugh you probably had no problem as the advertised works did you a favour. Nothing has happened yet!!! So I suspect lots of drivers out there are avoiding the junction like the plague thinking it will be like armageddon where as nothing has actually started yet!!!

MP1953
    Participant

From what I can make out up to now, the work is only being done at night between 9pm and 5am Again from what I can make out from the notices on the Wrexham Chester buses, during these hours the bus from Wrexham will go as far as Rake lane and then go through Eccelston and once in Handbridge will go back to the first Chester roundabout I call it and then back towards Wrexham to do the Chester Business Park and then back to Chester and vice versa the other way I would think, they say all this will add 10 minutes to the overall journey.

Single decker buses will be used during this time, but as I say the way I read it, is that it is only between 9pm and 5am which I guess means only buses after 9pm will be affected as I don;t think there are any before 5am and the Wrexham by pass is unafffected for the time being I guess… :)

Anyway that’s the way I read it, am I right ????

Taffy
    Participant

I read somewhere that the road closure was put in place 45 minutes early last night. I don’t how true that is!

justjojo2011
    Participant

If only that were the case. I use the Wrexham/Chester bus to take my son to school. He goes to Acton. I also use it to get back into town afterwards. I get the 8:35 service from the bus station which has been no more than a couple of minutes late. The service coming back INTO town is a nightmare, even by 9am. I was at the bus stop by the Acton pub this morning just after 9 (by which I mean a minute or 2 after 9) and waited until half 9 for a bus. I do expect delays, not so much because of work being carried out (there isn’t any in the daytime) but because of the roadworks etc that are up, cones and the likes and the traffic calming measures for during the day. But given that the Wrexham/Chester service is supposed to run every 12 minutes, I wouldn’t expect a 30 minute delay.

Unfortunately this is going to be the reality of things in terms of public transport for the foreseeable future. One thing is for certain, if I want to go to Chester in the next 7 months, I’ll used the Jones’ C56 service instead.

@MP1953 15346 wrote:

From what I can make out up to now, the work is only being done at night between 9pm and 5am Again from what I can make out from the notices on the Wrexham Chester buses, during these hours the bus from Wrexham will go as far as Rake lane and then go through Eccelston and once in Handbridge will go back to the first Chester roundabout I call it and then back towards Wrexham to do the Chester Business Park and then back to Chester and vice versa the other way I would think, they say all this will add 10 minutes to the overall journey.

Single decker buses will be used during this time, but as I say the way I read it, is that it is only between 9pm and 5am which I guess means only buses after 9pm will be affected as I don;t think there are any before 5am and the Wrexham by pass is unafffected for the time being I guess… :)

Anyway that’s the way I read it, am I right ????

MP1953
    Participant

The Wrexham Chester bus service during the certain times that you mention, is and has been poor for a long time to say the least, once you get past 9 30 it is fine again, but even so I have never quite got it how they can be 30 minutes late from a 12 minute service, I have even been in touch with the company on many occasions, with no satisfactory explanation…

If only that were the case. I use the Wrexham/Chester bus to take my son to school. He goes to Acton. I also use it to get back into town afterwards. I get the 8:35 service from the bus station which has been no more than a couple of minutes late. The service coming back INTO town is a nightmare, even by 9am. I was at the bus stop by the Acton pub this morning just after 9 (by which I mean a minute or 2 after 9) and waited until half 9 for a bus. I do expect delays, not so much because of work being carried out (there isn’t any in the daytime) but because of the roadworks etc that are up, cones and the likes and the traffic calming measures for during the day. But given that the Wrexham/Chester service is supposed to run every 12 minutes, I wouldn’t expect a 30 minute delay.

Unfortunately this is going to be the reality of things in terms of public transport for the foreseeable future. One thing is for certain, if I want to go to Chester in the next 7 months, I’ll used the Jones’ C56 service instead.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I disagree. My son is in his 4th year in the school. He is in year 2 and has been going since nursery. I have used the Number 1 service every day during term time to take him to school and then back into town again for work. The ONLY other time I have face major delays on the service is close to Christmas. I am normally in town by 9:15 every day until the road works.

I have faced many issues with the bus company in question but none of which has been related to the lack of buses on the Wrexham/Chester route. Buses on other routes around Wrexham note turning up is a main one, as well as refusing to stop. But as you have said yourself, no satisfactory response “Sorry, we’ll send you some free passes”. No, just sort your service out!.

There is now an app for smart phones that allows you to track the buses at the stops now, but only for this company. It has helped a lot when waiting for buses around the town. But it is far from perfect. It is apparently tracking the bus, says it should be at the stop but it isn’t…. so if its tracking it, it knows where the bus is but it doesn’t lol

@MP1953 15402 wrote:

The Wrexham Chester bus service during the certain times that you mention, is and has been poor for a long time to say the least, once you get past 9 30 it is fine again, but even so I have never quite got it how they can be 30 minutes late from a 12 minute service, I have even been in touch with the company on many occasions, with no satisfactory explanation…

Danielkg
    Participant

I wonder why they’re only having road closures Mon-Fri. Surely if they did every day it would mean 2 weeks less off phase 1

justjojo2011
    Participant

The road closures are between 9pm and 5am so shouldn’t affect the day to day traffic. The delays, I assume, are caused by the lane closures etc during daytime hours.

@Danielkg 15442 wrote:

I wonder why they’re only having road closures Mon-Fri. Surely if they did every day it would mean 2 weeks less off phase 1

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News