A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Thursday at that time should be ok going by the information released so far!

Hugh Jordan
    Participant

Thanks, Rob.

I think I’ll risk it – maybe give myself an extra quarter hour.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Hugh Jordan 15197 wrote:

So – I understand the work has started (?)

What’s the A483 to A55 eastbound like at 0730 – 0745?

I have to go to Manchester Airport early Thursday, so wonder if I should travel via Tarporley instead of risking delays.

Its not very good at that time of day at the best of times. I would plan your evasive action as soon as possible.

Darlofan
    Participant

@Hugh Jordan 15199 wrote:

Thanks, Rob.

I think I’ll risk it – maybe give myself an extra quarter hour.

Do you use the junction at that time normally? If not I’d avoid it as it’s not just a case of driving straight through even on non roadwork days!!

lazyjack
    Participant

I think the best way could be Queensferry then pick up the M56 at the start/end.

Or, depending on the lane closures, get on the A55 eastbound at Penyfordd. I would definitely avoid the A483.

Darlofan
    Participant

The signs for this seem to be getting more confusing. Some make it sound like it’s totally closed every night for 6 months. There is now one stating it’s closed for one night only the 18th September.

Hugh Jordan
    Participant

Thanks to those who have replied. Looks like Penyffordd, Queensferry would keep me well away from any possible trouble.

What’s that like around 7.30 to 8 o’clock?

Rob
    Participant

Inbetween instagramming his tea Liam has tweeted saying tonight:

“No A483 closures this week they said. Well it’s closed tonight. Lady has come into the Beeches and been trying and failing to get on the A55”

“A483 Northbound closed from the Gresford roundabout, majority of traffic diverting through Gresford. Appears roadworks related.”

BorrasBill
    Participant

@Rob 15249 wrote:

Inbetween instagramming his tea Liam has tweeted saying tonight:

“No A483 closures this week they said. Well it’s closed tonight. Lady has come into the Beeches and been trying and failing to get on the A55”

“A483 Northbound closed from the Gresford roundabout, majority of traffic diverting through Gresford. Appears roadworks related.”

I don’t think this is connected with the Posthouse roadworks, it’s too far away. What must be confusing for visitors to the area is there were 2 separate diversion signs on Gresford roundabout, one pointing towards Gresford and one towards the Industrial Estate.

Liam
    Participant

Might not be related to Posthouse works, but sends out conflicting messages when Highways Agency is quoted as saying there will be no closures on the A483 this week. Apparently signage suggesting there will be another closure in the area tonight.

One of the more bizarre moments last night was when the Beeches staff attempted to send said woman via Oswestry to get onto the A55.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News