A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

• Author

DaveW
    Participant

@beedar 15046 wrote:

This is going to cause absolute mayhem, can you imagine for example the situation with this forthcoming ‘ Bubble ‘ match between Wrexham and Chester. I really fail to see also how two extra sets of traffic lights is going to improve the situation

Yes, we’re all very sceptical how it will improve matters for anyone travelling north on the A483 at rush hour 7:45 to 9:15. Wrexham MP Lucas I believe said the only option for these 483 travellers who wish to then use the A55 is a dedicated link from the A483 to the A55. Looking at the information here this will not happen.
    Removal of one roundabout replaced with a set of lights plus one more lane northbound will still mean mega holdups at the Post House roundabout due to all the A55 traffic coming off to go to Chester Business Park every morning.

It will be an expensive waste of money and an ongoing source of frustration and waste of time for all of us south of Chester !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :(:(:(

beedar
    Participant

Exactly, that’s what I have been saying all along. I bet within weeks of the works being completed a re – think will take place and it will be a situation of starting all over again

Rob
    Participant

@DaveW 15104 wrote:

Wrexham MP Lucas I believe said the only option for these 483 travellers who wish to then use the A55 is a dedicated link from the A483 to the A55. Looking at the information here this will not happen.

That seems a common suggestion, with spurs leading on and off actually improving the top junction rather than fiddling with the lower one!

BorrasBill
    Participant

I very rarely drive towards Chester in the morning, so fortunately I am not affected by the present traffic chaos in the rush hour at the Posthouse roundabout. However on Monday I did have to, about 8:30, and sure enough there were long queues to the roundabout. I know this sounds too simple, and I am probably completely wrong, but it seemed to me the traffic lights just didn’t stay green long enough. I know if they stay green longer, then they are red longer from the other direction, but surely this could be varied according to traffic flow? A lot cheaper and less disruption than what is planned.

Robb
    Participant

So we now have recommended routes to avoid the delays.
    The full volume from a major A road is going to be sent down small B roads with HGVs travelling through residential areas through the night.
    Highly dangerous and badly thought out routes. They have even decided to delay the roadworks from the summer when there is less traffic and better daylight so that the disruption and hazards can be at the maximum!

wrexview
    Participant

Am I right in thinking the first overnight closure is the night of Monday September 15th? Have friends leaving very early Monday morning for Manchester Airport !

Darlofan
    Participant

@DaveW 15104 wrote:

Yes, we’re all very sceptical how it will improve matters for anyone travelling north on the A483 at rush hour 7:45 to 9:15. Wrexham MP Lucas I believe said the only option for these 483 travellers who wish to then use the A55 is a dedicated link from the A483 to the A55. Looking at the information here this will not happen.
    Removal of one roundabout replaced with a set of lights plus one more lane northbound will still mean mega holdups at the Post House roundabout due to all the A55 traffic coming off to go to Chester Business Park every morning.

It will be an expensive waste of money and an ongoing source of frustration and waste of time for all of us south of Chester !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far in last few years this area has had a dedicated link lane from business park direction onto 55. It then recently had an extra lane put onto the exit slip from Broughton direction. Now they are doing this. Why don’t they listen to what we’ve all been saying for years and put link spurs in to take traffic straight down to the 55 in both directions. They must have spent millions over the years in consultants, surveys, works etc and we all know in years to come they will do what we have been suggesting to them free of charge.

wxmair
    Participant

@DaveW 15104 wrote:

………..the only option for these 483 travellers who wish to then use the A55 is a dedicated link from the A483 to the A55 ..

Exactly how it was originally designed …. have you ever thought why the A55 slip roads to the East of the roundabout are so long. They were designed to have the A483 as a direct, through route with an overbridge. The greatest traffic flow is (and always has been) A483 -A55, not the A55 to the west.

Darlofan
    Participant

@wxmair 15195 wrote:

Exactly how it was originally designed …. have you ever thought why the A55 slip roads to the East of the roundabout are so long. They were designed to have the A483 as a direct, through route with an overbridge. The greatest traffic flow is (and always has been) A483 -A55, not the A55 to the west.

I was told once that the reason there are no overbridges there and the 55 is surrounded by embankments there is because The Duke of Westminster objected to it, so as part of planning regs none of it could be over a certain level.

Hugh Jordan
    Participant

So – I understand the work has started (?)

What’s the A483 to A55 eastbound like at 0730 – 0745?

I have to go to Manchester Airport early Thursday, so wonder if I should travel via Tarporley instead of risking delays.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News