A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 A55 Junction Changes Updates & Info Thread

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

It’s usually written into these types of contracts that the contractor faces a hefty penalty for each day they work past the original completion date.

wrexview
    Participant

Who would get the penalty money ? Just more for the Highways Agency?

beedar
    Participant

Bang on 100% accurate as to what I predicted 6 weeks ago, and it will be less than 6 weeks before it’s dug up again

beedar
    Participant

Thanks lol

Darlofan
    Participant

Just a thought but they blame the weather for delays to works. Now we have had some wet and windy weather but I don’t think enough to put it back 2 months. They’d be lucky to stretch a 3 week delay because of weather. Let’s hope we don’t get the March snow that commonly happens or those temp lights will still be there at Xmas!

beedar
    Participant

Whih xmas ? 2028 the way things are going

brymbo76
    Participant

Not sure if anyone has already asked this yet, but I’d like to ask:

1. Why going towards Chester on the A483 have at least two of the lay-by’s been completely closed off? Only a tiny part of them are currently being used by those solar powered electronic signs flashing to remind you of the nightly road closures. It’s not like the electronic signs are taking up the entire lengths of the lay-by’s so why can’t just a small section be cordoned off and keep the lay-by’s open for people who need to pull over to use them for any emergency?

2. Also heading towards Chester, has anyone commented and asked why the England sign has been taken down? Not that I’m bothered since I’m Welsh. Rather nice not having to see that sign to make you think you are still in Wales ;-)

Sheefag
    Participant

1/ The Highways Agency don’t want trucks overnighting in the laybys whilst the works are taking place.
    2/ Despite the missing sign, England is still there and is still very much open for business.

brymbo76
    Participant

1. They could just put a sign up to say ‘No Overnight Parking’.
    2. Yes, obviously England is still there. Just don’t see what removing the roadsign has anything to do with the roadworks yet the ones for Wales and Wrexham have remained.

Sheefag
    Participant

1/ In how many languages?
    2/ Noone needs warning about England.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News