A483 50mph

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A483 50mph

• Author

sausagemuncher
    Participant

What happens after the reduced speed limit if the findings are that it has reduced emissions? I say keep at 50mph but do it in 3rd.

AMA Express
    Participant

Well, that was really worth starting a fresh thread for.

sausagemuncher
    Participant

Who died and made you king of the forums? I’m sorry next time il run it passed you wether or not my content is good enough for you. Munch my sausage!

Huw
    Participant

[quote quote=151470]What happens after the reduced speed limit if the findings are that it has reduced emissions? I say keep at 50mph but do it in 3rd.[/quote]

Hopefully they’ll leave it at 50 just to annoy people like you.

Matt
    Participant

Is it still a valid reduced speed limit zone when a week later hardly anyone is complying with it? And still no enforcement.

Sheefag
    Participant

23 quid on Ebay – problem solved.

Matt
    Participant

Of course mass Facebook hysteria has taken place. A speed camera location group on Facebook has reported a fixed enforcement speed camera being placed on the Ty Gwyn Lane to Dane Motors flyover between B&Q and Gresford roundabouts.

This has now been shared and commented on several hundred times. However, after gaining consensus between sensible people is that it is more likely to be an average speed check for monitoring purposes camera – they use for traffic flow – not the yellow SPECS camera not any other type of fixed speed enforcement camera.

Funny thing is the actual fake news is likely to cause people to slow down anyway – as people will respond to the fear of a fine & 3 points or a speed awareness course.

RedOriole
    Participant

Going forward, it may be better to remove any mention of ‘average speed check’ from the posts, as cameras of this type are purely for monitoring the flow of traffic/incidents.

Bigbrother
    Participant

Out of interest, where are the air quality monitors situated ?

Captain C
    Participant

I assumed that the new speed limits were going to start at the Chester junction and run up to Ruabon.

Why on earth does it start by the Gresford roundabout and end by the Mold Road turn off?

Who’s well thought out idea was this? Don’t we care about having clean air in Rosset or Coedpoeth?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News