A slap in the face from town centre shop!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A slap in the face from town centre shop!

• Author

Rex Ham
    Participant

You know how I, along with others on here often bang on here about supporting town centre shops. Well, here’s a slap in the face for me: Today, I was shopping in WHSmith and bought some stationary and magazines. I went to the only staffed till (although the lady was doing some paperwork)and the assistant said I should go to the self serve till. I said I’d rather be served. The reply astounded me “I’m busy, you’ll have to wait”.

My reply “Well maybe I’ll spend my money somewhere else”.

zinger
    Participant

You know really it probably wasn’t all the assistants fault. Some shops cut the staff to the nth degree. Computerisation was supposed to better the service to customers.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I went to a shop in Manchester the other day – there was no manned till at all! Even the cigarettes went through the self-service, although you had to ask the man who made sure everything is working to get them from the cabinet.

Makes me wonder how long it will take for that to trickle out to places like Wrexham.

beedar
    Participant

I’ve never once gone to a self service till in one of the major supermarkets with over a tenner’s worth of shopping and not had to ask for assistance due to a red light coming on, oh and you cant buy certain items that need the security tags taken off without assistance

AMA Express
    Participant

I’ve never used a self-service till, and never will.

Danielkg
    Participant

Self-service is the way forwards. Accept it get used to it and stop moaning.

beedar
    Participant

Until they all become self service tills and cost about 40 or so jobs ( which they will )

kaidee
    Participant

I don’t ever recall applying for a job at Asda but, I do the same as the checkout operators when i serve myself, and for less pay

Metalhead
    Participant

@Danielkg 18370 wrote:

Self-service is the way forwards…

I just wonder how many people take a plasma TV to these things and then scan a Mars bar?!

AMA Express
    Participant

@kaidee 18372 wrote:

I don’t ever recall applying for a job at Asda but, I do the same as the checkout operators when i serve myself, and for less pay

Exactly why I don’t use ’em. Now, if I was being offered a discount for using self-service, I might consider it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News