A message for young 'Climate Strikers'

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum A message for young 'Climate Strikers'

• Author

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=174368]
    To achieve just that 1% We in this country would all have to stop flying going on holiday as well[/quote]

Thomas Cook say Challenge Accepted!

MadMan
    Participant

It was a worldwide protest, so yes it does need to be a global effort, not sure anybody would disagree with that.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=174360] i do reckon AMA Express was having a bit of a laugh by copying from Facebook to be honest, well i hope so haha. [/quote]

You were very brave for getting inside my head. It must’ve been well scarey for you.

trish
    Participant

AND Express. What a load of fb,copied and pasted clsptrap. Obviously from a U S site. Worked in a school for many years. Never found the air conditioning switch! Pity most adults don’t follow the example derby the youngsters.

billycoen
    Participant

Don’t ya just love these Monday to Friday eco warriors.

TimRegency
    Participant

[quote quote=174711]Don’t ya just love these Monday to Friday eco warriors.[/quote]

Yeah, I do. I also love eco warriors who work other hours. Hope that’s ok with you.

billycoen
    Participant

[quote quote=174723]Yeah, I do. I also love eco warriors who work other hours. Hope that’s ok with you[/quote]Now That’s What I Call Missing The Point Volume 1

wrexview
    Participant

What is the point of changing to paper straws, stopping the sale of single use plastic carrier bags when the shops are now full of plastic Halloween goods. Perhaps children should question whether they should allow parents to buy them.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=175595]What is the point of changing to paper straws, stopping the sale of single use plastic carrier bags when the shops are now full of plastic Halloween goods. Perhaps children should question whether they should allow parents to buy them.[/quote]

Many of us now typing all this on mobile phones or computer keyboards made of plastic – perhaps we should question whether we should allow ourselves to be typing all this?

zinger
    Participant

The difference is though Matt that we already own these things. If plastic is so bad businesses should be banned from making it. As consumers the only way we can do anything is to stop buying it. Been reading about how washing clothes is adding to the problem too.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News