£800m Power Station on Wrexham Industrial Estate

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum £800m Power Station on Wrexham Industrial Estate

• Author

Liam
    Participant

It’s got a long way to go yet but do people think this would be good for the town?

There are a series of public consultations at the places listed below from 2-8pm if you want to have your say:

Monday 2 July 2012 – Marchwiel Village Hall, Piercy Avenue, Marchwiel, LL13 0RH

Tuesday 3 July 2012 – Rhostyllen Parish Hall, Vicarage Hill, Rhostyllen, LL14 4AR

Wednesday 4 July 2012 – Atrium Suite, Redwither Tower, Redwither Business Park, LL13 9XT

Thursday 5 July 2012 – Stiwt Theatre, Broad Street, Rhosllanerchrugog, LL14 1RB

Friday 6 July – Parciau Community Centre, Bellevue Road, Wrexham, LL13 7NH

ScooterSharon
    Participant

I think that this is a good idea – bringing jobs and well need economy to Wrexham.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Likewise – The visual impact of the plant itself should be low as it is right across the road from the Kellogg’s factory. The power route they’ll have to build will probably follow the existing route. There’s an image of a similar plant on page 3 of this document.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I don’t think this would cause any negative outcomes. As far as I can tell, it will being more jobs to the area and would probably help boost our own economy. I have no idea how this works, but would it make our own energy cheaper?

barryjarvis
    Participant

I’m all for it – more jobs is the main reason, but also the impact to the industrial estate as well will be positive.
    Right now that industrial estate is a bare shell of what it once was.
    A few high profile builds like this (along with the improved access roads being built right now) can only be a good thing.
    It’s also far enough away from the town to not become a nuisance/eye sore etc

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News