8 Wards may have a landslide victory due to lack of candidte engagement!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 8 Wards may have a landslide victory due to lack of candidte engagement!!

• Author

Interested
    Participant

Sarcasm…it’s a great tool. Waiting with bated breath Mike. Interested to read whether you have your own ideas because you come across as a very confident person. Your background in the FBU I would imagine may shape your answers but we shall see. Great to see a guy responding and not being defensive.

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130345]Sarcasm…it’s a great tool. Waiting with bated breath Mike. Interested to read whether you have your own ideas because you come across as a very confident person. Your background in the FBU I would imagine may shape your answers but we shall see. Great to see a guy responding and not being defensive.

[/quote]

Sarcasm? Not at all, it was an attempt at a bit of humour.

Incidentally I did not intend using these forums to discuss my standing as a candidate. I prefer face to face discussions. Recently I made a number of posts on various subjects not related to council elections. Indeed I had a discussion with you on the merits of union H&S reps. I also posted information to clarify the issues on the Fire Authority.

Unfortunately a new member decided to join just to have a go at me. They decided to reveal more about my background. It then became obvious I was the same Mike Davies who was standing in the forthcoming elections. I did not hide the fact as people who knew me were aware, however I did not want to link my forum posts with my profile information on the election topic. I have a fairly common name.

I wished to be able to continue discussing issues on the forum without a barrage of questions regarding my intentions regarding the Council. It is not because I am afraid to debate, but to be honest I am very busy meeting people in the community. I can do without the added distraction.

I am very happy to spend time talking and listening to the community. I have given my details: Phone number, email, Facebook, twitter etc. to all voters in my ward. Some of them have taken that opportunity to contact me directly. I have even arranged to visit people in their homes. But personally I prefer to knock on somebody’s door.

Regards
    Mike

Daave63
    Participant

Mike,

I’m not sure, but I think I’m picking up a hint that your preferred option is to knock on peoples doors here!, is it some kind of door-knocker fetish or does it hark back to a bygone age of an innocent game of knock-and-run?

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130351]Mike,

I’m not sure, but I think I’m picking up a hint that your preferred option is to knock on peoples doors here!, is it some kind of door-knocker fetish or does it hark back to a bygone age of an innocent game of knock-and-run?

[/quote]

Daave.

You got it in one mate. I wish others were as astute and realise that too 😀

Yes, I have to confess I used to get involved in such a game in my youth. We used to call it Nick-nocks or maybe that should be Knick-knocks. I stopped doing it when a guy actually chased us several hundred yards and caught us. He dragged me back home and told my dad. My dad sent me up to bed, when the guy had gone my dad came up to see me and said he used to do the same as a kid. I was expecting a smack but we laughed about it instead.

Daave63
    Participant

Well Mike, politics is not my game, but for good old family values, you would get my vote!
    Good luck!

Interested
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Mike. I take note from your response regarding a…barrage of questions….being too busy…..paints a picture. But thanks for the responses….enlightening.

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=130374]Thanks for the reply Mike. I take note from your response regarding a…barrage of questions….being too busy…..paints a picture. But thanks for the responses….enlightening.

[/quote]

Not quite sure I understand your comment. Maybe you could share the picture it paints. I detect a little dig.

wrexview
    Participant

There are a few candidates standing in the Local Elections who have submitted information on the Wrexham .com site but haven’t put up a photo. Holt is one example , Michael Morris has answered all the questions, but no photo on the front. Looks from front page that there was no engagement from those standing in Holt!

BenjaminM
    Participant

“Looks from the front page that there was no engagement from those standing in Holt”

Untrue. I have received fliers from both candidates and subsequent to an email I sent to the Labour candidate, he personally visited my property to discuss the points I raised.

As for the Conservative candidate, during his tenure, the next time I see him will be the first. Distinctly unimpressed.

Interested
    Participant

Did the Wrexham.com coverage actually make a difference? Would be good to have a survey and see if the public actually took any notice of the information. For instance a number of Councillors didn’t complete anything but still got elected. Personally thought it was a fantastic piece and candidates that completed their profiles and questions should be congratulated regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

I thought the profile from David Maddocks in Pant hit home as an honest guy wanting to do his best. Exactly what people want.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News