55 New iPads For Councillors

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 55 New iPads For Councillors

• Author

saddo
    Participant

If councillors require an Ipad why do they not purchase their own and claim the cost against their income tax. In effect this would mean that central government is footing the bill and not council tax payers. Would also be interesting to know how the existing tabkets will be disposed of

Council Watcher
    Participant

Fully agree the Council should seek tax advice for Council members and sign them all up on a salery (allowance) sacrifice scheme.

Dick
    Participant

Snouts in the trough again!

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Rather ironic that they’re looking at Apple devices because they’re certainly taking a huge bite!

IMHO
    Participant

The ipad 3 is not now getting Ios updates so i guess they have those but could be wrong of course. It doesn’t mean they are un-useable just wont be updated. I’m sure the council Apps. they run now will continue to run as good as they always have. It’s all rubbish. They seem to find plenty of money for schemes like this whilst unable to fund essential services properly. All those thousands could go to a much better use.

wrexview
    Participant

How about the Council generating extra income to pay for the IPads, there is always the Guildhall car park they can open seven days a week to the general public.

Councillor X
    Participant

Free parking and lots of Apps on iPads to keep Councillors occupied during boring meeting …. I love the ITV Hub! It also saves having to fork out a small fortune on one for the grandkids to play on when they visit.

Anyway stop complaining and if you want all of these perks go to the (proposed) ‘Be a Councillor:2017’ event on Monday 30th January 2017.

Conde
    Participant

I think this is ridiculous. I understand why they would have to upgrade their systems now and then ( developers release new updates that may add features – or more importantly for this example, improve security).

Now I look at the article and think to myself, why don’t they just scrap the ipads, and just issue laptops and docking stations like they are planning on doing for the lead members.

Costs £200 ish a laptop, they still have the option of including mobile data packages (via a dongle) for councillors that make the case that they actually require them. Repairs etc can be done within the council’s IT dept. I’d also imagine that they wouldn’t have to spend lots of money on getting special apps for the ipads either.

Ponciau
    Participant

There are a number of councillors who use there own equipment but the saving of paper ,ink,and staffing far outweighs the cost of i pads

wrexview
    Participant

Looks like there is a distinct possibility that some members of the Council would be happy to use their own IPads, potentially saving the Council money. This apparently has been an option since 2012 but some Councillors had not been told. Even with computers it still seems communication is still a Council weakness.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News