£4,989 is the Council annual spend of the working person?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum £4,989 is the Council annual spend of the working person?

• Author

wxm
    Participant

The Council spends £430m a year, and with a population of 135,000 and two thirds 16 to 64 years of age, the spend per working age resident, excluding any other public service, is £4,989 each?

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;6533 wrote:
    The Council spends £430m a year, and with a population of 135,000 and two thirds 16 to 64 years of age, the spend per working age resident, excluding any other public service, is £4,989 each?

is this a question?

BenjaminM
    Participant

Re the comment made by the Wayneinspain regarding the original post.
    One incorrectly used question mark once again brings out the infantile nit picking from this ‘contributor’.
    If he has nothing positive to contribute to a debate, it would serve all reasonable and sensible persons well, for him to desist from his inane and facile nonsense that he spews forth.
    I for one am sick of his pedantic, puerile comments.
    If any other reader agrees, please make it known by contributing to this thread and he MAY get the message. However, that is extremely unlikely.
    As an aside, the definition of an ‘expert’ can be construed as:-
    Ex – a has been.
    Pert – a drip under pressure.

If the cap fits, wear it!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

I see benjaminM has inferred that someone has made a post that does not add anything to the debate of this said thread and in doing so BenjaminM has ironically not added anything to the debate.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Aimed at Benjamin M.

Last time I looked this is still a free country. Anyone can contribute, in any way they want, to the forums. It’s up to the forum administrators to take inappropriate comments off the threads, not us as users.

If you disagree with a posting you are free to say so but if you can, do it gracefully and don’t resort to insults. It does the forum no good at all if it denigrates into a slanging match.

Thank you.

BenjaminM
    Participant

In response to Welsh Dresser.

Yes, I agree that anyone has the right to contribute to a thread and indeed free speech is still a right and very much alive.
    Notwithstanding, contributions should be relevant to the topics under consideration and not directed towards a simple grammatical error in the post. Not everyone has the same grasp of the rules of grammar, but that does in no way detract from the point being made.
    I consider that the facetious nature of our friends post was a sorry attempt to belittle the submission.
    Rather than attempting to chastise me, it may have been more becoming of you to address your comments to the person who clearly was ‘nit picking’ and furthermore, not contributing one iota of meaningful dialogue to the point raised in the initial post.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Oh, and by the way, Wayne etc., sentences are traditionally started with a capital letter!

Just a little observation! Easy isn’t it?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Rather than attempting to chastise me, it may have been more becoming of you to address your comments to the person who clearly was ‘nit picking’ and furthermore, not contributing one iota of meaningful dialogue to the point raised in the initial post.

I think this is something both you and I are also guilty of. What have we contributed to the discussion? Nothing at all!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

3 posts in and benjaminM still hasn’t addressed the topic.

Incidently…
    181267_596115053740822_408205898_n.jpg

Looking back through the history of wrexham.com, BenjaminM has on previous posts criticised charity shops in wrexham and was for the destruction of the Miners Rescue Centre.

BenjaminM, why not discuss the issue of WXM’s post? Don’t see anything wrong with clarifying what a person is trying to communicate, i’ve said on previous threads, that i don’t always understand WXM’s position.

Higgs_Boson
    Participant

How about you drop it and get back to the topic? If you want to throw childish insults at each other please can you create your own forum channel, you can go for gold in there. :D

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News