3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

MarkBorthwick
    Participant

Hi all, I did ask Wrexham.com to retweet..I’m in contact with support from orange, Marcus fallon who is confident to have 3G data service restored for orange/tmobile/ee by end of the week. In fact a message left for me this morning said Hi Mark They are visiting the T Mobile site today. Can you please do some tests on Friday using speedtest and email me Saturday morning with the results if issue still ongoing.
    At last!!!

Danielkg
    Participant

O2 have network improvement work taking place across the area tomorrow morning

locallad
    Participant

If you Report your Fault to your Net Work Providers,& you get no joy.Report it to Offcom.Net Work providers dont like Offcom getting Invovled.Offcom will get issues sorted.

Two pence worth
    Participant

Lets hope people power has worked

Born Acorn
    Participant

There’s been a lot of planning applications over the last two weeks to replace the phone masts. Perhaps an upgrade to 4G is due for a network? It might also fix the 3G issues.

harry
    Participant

with EE its defo a congestion issue in the town centre, seems to work ok at night , just during the day it cant cope

Steve
    Participant

@Danielkg 13418 wrote:

O2 have network improvement work taking place across the area tomorrow morning

Let’s see if the outcome is any better later?

O2 / GiffGaff Live results for Rhostyllen, Wrexham

Sorry we are experiencing high service demand in this area
    A mast close to your location is experiencing a high level of demand for service. This can cause intermittent service for calls, texts and data. We’re working to improve it as quickly as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Updated 15:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

5Bars Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
    Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
    Good indoors and outdoors.

4Bars Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
    Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
    Good outdoors. OK indoors. Not good for mobile broadband.

0Bars Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
    Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
    Sorry, we do not have coverage here.

Personally I’d be happy if voice calls and text worked indoors throughout Rhostyllen.

Danielkg
    Participant

Well still looks like they’re trying to fix things;

Live results for Ruabon, Wrexham

Sorry we’re currently working on a phone mast in this area
    You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 18:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

seaneb
    Participant

Things are definitely starting to look up since my original post. I have to say though that we should wait until we actually get results before we get too excited.
    I was in wrexham town centre today and I can report that there is no change (on my phone anyway) on Rivulet Road, High Street, Regent Street, Eagles Meadow, Island Green.
    Phone says as it always has that it’s got 3G coverage, but can’t do ANYTHING with mobile internet. Not even send an IMessage.

MarkBorthwick
    Participant

People power….email [email protected]

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News