3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

Liam
    Participant

@Rob 12791 wrote:

There has been quite a few people on EE saying their service has been non existent.

Someone did say to me yesterday afternoon it was due to masts being upgraded for 4G however unsure if that is just a local rumour / guesswork!

I’ve had issues on EE, shows I have 3G or H plus (whatever that is) but whenever I try and load anything it doesn’t work.

Darlofan
    Participant

I’m on 02 and it’s hopeless round wrexham and up here in Penycae.

seaneb
    Participant

@Metalhead 12789 wrote:

What network are you on? o2 been working fine for me. Vodafone always been a bit hit & miss around these parts.

I’m on Orange (so EE). If the rumour is correct and they are upgrading masts so we can have 4G then it might be worth it as long as they don’t take much longer. I’d be surprised if that’s the case though.
    I don’t suppose anyone on here has the contacts to find out what’s going on?

Thanks for the replies.

harry
    Participant

Just spoke to EE level 2 technical support (uk) about this issue and they are not aware of any problems with any of the cell sites in Town and from their end they are all working fine. I explained that sometimes when i make a call it wont go thru (3 beeps and just fails) and the internet has 3G signal but pages wont load.

What they need is people to call up with:

date; exact time, number they were calling(if the call fails) if the call fails they cant see what mast it is as it didnt connect with it, if it fails you need to try and send a text and keep sending it until it goes thru. This way they can identify the mast that is faulty as they state there are quite a lot.

Basically unless people call up to report it nothing will be done because everything is showing 100% working with them. With regards to 4G I was told it wouldnt effect 3G, when work is being done (and it isnt any at the moment)

Danielkg
    Participant

I just had a call from O2 as I use their app to report problems. The man said that as I have logged it every day it raises it higher. More people logging more often also raises it.

My suggestion is if you’ve an iPhone get this app if you’re on O2 and report all problems regularly
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/my-network/id529440671?mt=8

lazyjack
    Participant

My 3G coverage in Wrexham town centre has been absolute garbage for the last few weeks. On the Three network and don’t really have problems anywhere else.

Perhaps the council are cutting back on the 3G bandwidth, they are cutting back on everything else…………

harry
    Participant

I hope people having issues with 3G are contacting their service provider, if not it won’t get resolved! EE are point blank refusing to admit there is a problem

Also 3 uses tmobile masts under the MBNL agreement so that probably explains the slow network issue’s on 3

Theresa
    Participant

Just trying to get a signal with 02 around Wrexham is a joke, never mind 3G.

Lol at 4G:rolleyes:

Robotnik
    Participant

I’m on orange and it’s been useless for a couple of weeks now. I phoned them earlier and they admitted there was a fault but couldn’t give me an eta on getting it sorted.

I did speak to a chap in one of phone shops in Wrexham at the weekend who told me (in my EE/Orange case) that it was to do with the pending 4G upgrade work and it’s due here this summer. You can get it near Rosset apparently and it’s creeping this way…

I’m not holding my breath.

I did get a text from Orange after my call which gave me a special number for loyal customers. 08000790200. Don’t know if that’s the same for EE and T mobile, as they always answer as Orange.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Matt
    Participant

3G on O2 in Wrexham town centre is non-existent, including just outside the O2 shop! I get the 3G symbol but it just doesn’t load anything. I have to rely on free Wifi in various locations across town to check anything. Different story in the People’s Republic of Cefn where I live, have a fantastic 3G reception/speed thanks to the Tesco mast.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News